Help! I've accidentally deleted Auria !

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Vorgongod
Expert

Help! I've accidentally deleted Auria !

Post by Vorgongod » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Needing to free up some space, I deleted Auria, planning to reinstall my purchased plug ins after reinstalling. However, in my purchased apps screen only Auria LE appears, while Auria itself is saying that it's £34.99 and refuses to recognise that I've already bought it. I remember last time I did this I had to ring Apple to get a refund. Anyone know any way around this?

DavePDX
Expert

Re: Help! I've accidentally deleted Auria !

Post by DavePDX » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Sounds like you purchased Auria LE originally and then used an in-app purchase to upgrade to the full version. If that's the case, you'll need to follow that same route again: install LE, go to the store within Auria LE, and restore the purchase from there. You shouldn't be charged again.

Vorgongod
Expert

Post by Vorgongod » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks for the reply and you're right, but it seems as if it wants to charge me for everything again - as I discovered when trying to get one if my reverb units back. I may have to ring them again tomorrow... Silly me.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:11 pm

When you open the AppStore app, there's a purchased tab, tap it, find Auria LE, and install it. After the install, Auria has a restore purchases tab on the upper right of the Auria Store screen.

Vorgongod
Expert

Post by Vorgongod » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:30 pm

No joy from the App Store - even though I was able to quote them the order numbers for every in app purchase. Does anyone know the best way to contact the developers directly? There doesn't seem to be a number ...

Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Hello,

As mentioned above, If you originally bought Auria LE and upgraded to the full version, you actually are still running Auria LE (with the full feature set unlocked). If that is the route you took, it would explain why you only see Auria LE under your purchases.

If this is the case, you should not be charged again when downloading Auria LE, nor should you be charged again when accessing the in-app upgrade to the full feature set, or any in-app upgrade that you previously purchased.

In all of these situations, even if is says you will be charged again, you shouldn't be (assuming you already purchased these items on the AppleID you are logged in with).

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Remember, the "Restore Purchases" button is inside Auria itself, not the app store. Auria is the only app that can restore your plugin purchases.

Rim

Vorgongod
Expert

Post by Vorgongod » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:26 am

Thanks Chris & Rim, but I have restored purchases many times within the Auria store and while it says they've successfully been restored, they patently haven't. To add to my frustration, here's a pasted extract of what Apple told me today....
'

'Alright, I'm actually reading up on some of the notes from when you last contacted us about this. I am so sorry you've had to reach out to us again about this issue, but it sounds like to me what's going on is that the type of in-app content you purchased previously may have been non-replenishable content. If this is the case, the best thing to do is to contact the developer of the app and see if they can regnant the downloads for you. '

Feels like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place....
Last edited by Vorgongod on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vorgongod
Expert

Post by Vorgongod » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:57 am

btw,
The upgrade seems to have worked (though I'm not sure how I can tell). It's all the IR files and THM that have stubbornly refused to reappear.

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:22 am

I was having some issues with Auria so I had to delete it and reinstall from App Store instead of iTunes back up, However I
notice that I now got to pay for Re-Tune.
Is this so and how could I get it back

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:21 pm

djjuniorpops wrote:I was having some issues with Auria so I had to delete it and reinstall from App Store instead of iTunes back up, However I
notice that I now got to pay for Re-Tune.
Is this so and how could I get it back
Once you delete the app, make sure it has been removed from memory too.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Vorgongod: wow. I have no idea why Apple would tell you that. None of our in-app purchases are "non-replenishable". Once you purchase one, it's yours forever. There's something basic going on here, and we need to get to the bottom of it.

1. In this round, did you install Auria LE, or Auria?
2. Assuming it was Auria LE, what happened after you pressed the restore purchases button within Auria?
3. If a particular IAP didn't restore, are you certain you bought that IAP within Auria LE? The reason I ask is if you purchased both Auria LE and Auria (I'm not talking about an upgrade, but actually purchasing both products), then bought an IAP within Auria, it would not work in Auria LE, as they are considered separate products, and the IAPs don't transfer.
4. Did you request a refund from APple on any of your IAPs? If you did, they also won't restore.

Rim

Vorgongod
Expert

Post by Vorgongod » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi Rim and thanks again for being so helpful.
1. In this round I installed Auria LE because it was my only choice: Auria didn't come up as an option. The funny thing is that this is the second time this has happened to me and after the last time I bought the full version and apple did indeed refund me. I have the receipt from them which confirms my full purchase. Obviously, that was the version I wanted to download this time when I went to reinstall but the option simply did not come up. The only thing that appeared in the App store for me in terms of purchased apps was Auria LE. That's why I reinstalled through Auria LE this time. I understand what you say about them being separate purchases so now I am wondering how might I access that second full purchase I made. (Remember, first I bought Auria LE, then I bought the upgrade to the full version as an in app purchase, then after I had deleted that accidentally I bought the full version again and was refunded but as I said,I don't seem to be able to access that full version)
2. It said that my purchases were being restored then they said they had restored and they said something along the lines of if you if it is downloadable material please wait for it to download . It's three days later now. Nothing downloads that slowly not even iOS seven ha ha.
3. I hope I have answered your third question in my answer to number one.
4. Asked Apple directly for a refund and emailed all my in app purchase order numbers. Guy on the phone said I'd have to chat with one of their experts . Four hours waiting. No chat. The chat I eventually had this morning was with the US. In trying to get through to the UK one , which the US rep told me was the only branch of the Apple tree that could help me! I had the same four hours of nothing......

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Wow, I feel your pain. You must be a very patient person.
Hope it gets resolved soon.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Most likely this is a case of Apple deleting your IAPs. Whenever you get a refund for an IAP, it's deleted from your account. So the next time you the to use Restore Purchases, there won't be anything there to restore (because you got a refund for it, so it's not on your account anymore).

I suggest asking Apple for a refund for everything. Then, simply go and buy it all again from scratch. This way, you know it'll all work.

Rim