No signal Apogee Mic ios7

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: No signal Apogee Mic ios7

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:59 am

OK, I think there's something very basic and unique going on in your setup. The built-in iPad mic should always work, and no one has reported issues with that. Before going any further with testing, here's what I suggest:

1. Back up all your Auria projects onto a computer (using iFunBox if you don't already have it).
2. Delete Auria from your iPad by pressing and holding down on the Auria icon, then pressing the X.
3. Reinstall Auria from the app store. Don't reinstall it from an iTunes or iCloud backup. I want to make sure it's a clean install.
4. Copy your projects back using iFunBox.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:00 am

Actually, before you do the steps above, I assume you've tried rebooting your iPad, in case the CoreAudio system has crashed?

Rim

ttaylorsaxe
Expert

Post by ttaylorsaxe » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Rim,

Before I go through the trauma of re-downloading Auria, please re-read the second post in his thread. I am indeed a soloist, but in this issue I am not solo.

ttaylorsaxe
Expert

Post by ttaylorsaxe » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:16 am

One thing I remember...When I opened Auria for the first time after ios7, I got a low memory warning (for no reason, as it was the only app) and then Auria asked for permission to use the mic. I thought that it meant the built in mic so I said no. I can't get Auria to ask again so I can say yes. Maybe that's something?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Ah, yes - that's it. There's an easy way to reset this - go to your iPad settings, Privacy, Microphone. Then turn on the switch for Auria. Thanks for remembering that detail. That permission probably also applies to USB devices as well. I'll bet without that enabled, you can't record anything into Auria.

Rim

R369improv

Post by R369improv » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:06 pm

FWIW-having the same problem in MultiTrack. Rode record works fine. Interesting that some effects apps - AUFX:dub and AUfXspace - that have on board recording, record fine.......

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Just go to your iPad's settings and enable the microphone for all your audio apps. Until you do this, you won't get any input.

Rim

R369improv

Post by R369improv » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:52 pm

<<Ah, yes - that's it. There's an easy way to reset this - go to your iPad settings, Privacy, Microphone. Then turn on the switch for Auria. Thanks for remembering that detail. That permission probably also applies to USB devices as well. I'll bet without that enabled, you can't record anything into Auria.>>

Damn, that was easy. All is good. Thanks. Cheers!

ttaylorsaxe
Expert

Post by ttaylorsaxe » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Well, Rim, I don't know what to say. Problem solved! Thanks for the efforts and I'm really sorry to have taken up so much of your time for such a simple fix!
Until next time,
T

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:59 pm

No problem, this was a learning experience for us too!

Thanks,
Rim

Bdog4theRecord

Post by Bdog4theRecord » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:23 pm

<<Ah, yes - that's it. There's an easy way to reset this - go to your iPad settings, Privacy, Microphone. Then turn on the switch for Auria. Thanks for remembering that detail. That permission probably also applies to USB devices as well. I'll bet without that enabled, you can't record anything into Auria.>>

This was very helpful for me as I was stuck going through the tutorial in User's Manual. Might be a good idea to include in the next draft of the User's Manual.

Thanks,
Bdog

_siger

Post by _siger » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Hello to everyone!

I have iPad 3 64Gb model with iOS7 and have the same problem.

I've reinstalled application also I've checked Pad settings, Privacy, Microphone, then turned on the switch for Auria.
But it still not works.

When I am going into Menu-Input Matrix Track 1, 2 buttons in Mic column are turned on and also digital scale above the buttons responds on my touch and voice.

Integrated mic works fine in other applications.

Version of Auria: 1.140

If somebody has an idea how to fix it, let me know, please!
Thanks,
Sergey

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:56 am

Is this happening when using an Apogee Mic, or a different USB device? It sounds to me like the iPad isn't recognizing the device. Do you see INT or USB at the top of Auria's display? This tells you whether the iPad has detected the device. If it says INT, it has not detected it, and is using the built-in mic instead.

Rim

_siger

Post by _siger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:01 am

Hi!

Thank for reply!

I tried to connect special sound card for iPad Alesis. Mic (Shure SM58 Beta) I am connecting to Alesis.
So, when I connect iPad to Alesis on the top of Auria written USB.
If I disconnect iPad from Alesis there is written INT.

I don't use Apogee Mic but I decided to write here because I have the same problem only with another device.
And as you could see it doesn't work with integrated iPad mic.

About 4 days ago everything worked perfect.

Sergey

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:20 am

OK, thanks for the clarification. So, if you're seeing a signal in the input matrix, where does the signal stop working? Have you tried actually recording something onto a track? In this case, do you see a waveform in the editor after you're finished recording?

Do you get a normal audio output from Auria? In other words, if you play the Approach demo song, do you hear audio?

Keep in mind that you need to use headphones with Auria in order to hear the Mic input.

Rim