Behringer Is202 & Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

scharamella
Expert

Behringer Is202 & Auria

Post by scharamella » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:24 am

Has anyone tried it yet ??
I'm hoping it will give me a separate headphone output... (unlike the Alesis)

Prospector

Re: Behringer Is202 & Auria

Post by Prospector » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi there scharamella- did you buy a is202? And are you happy ..? i'm thinking of getting one this month , and maybe a midi keyboard to go with it
Prospector

scharamella
Expert

Re: Behringer Is202 & Auria

Post by scharamella » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Hello prospector, it's taken a while but yes I did get one.... arrived an hour ago.
I haven't had time to try it out properly but straight out of the box I can say...

The headphone out is a mirror of the stereo out (same as alesis idock), poop.... It does seem to have a mix control for in/ out for direct monitoring which is different to the alesis but I have to go out so can't verify how this works yet...

the video out only works with movies shot on the ipad (same as iDock) contrary to things I've read elsewhere.... Pity coz I have a teleprompt app which works with the apple 30 pin to video/ audio RCA outs but won't put video out the behringer video out. No biggy for most of you but a letdown for me

I haven't plugged any audio into/ out of it yet but one thing I have only just noticed, the phantom power button says it's 12 volt not 48.
I'd be surprised if it will run say a U47 on 12v.... (not that I'd consider using it as a real fantastic front end any way) but 12v seems a bit strange to me & I suspect it won't make a decent mic perform at it's optimum.... Could be wrong here but I dunno.

That's as far as I got.... I'll be back

cheers
jim