Export to Cubase - How does Auria tell Cubase where paste to

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

alexis

Export to Cubase - How does Auria tell Cubase where paste to

Post by alexis » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi - Is there some sort of signal embedded in the exported Auria audio files that helps get them to the right time when importing into Cubase 6.5? Or is it a matter of "writing down" the start time, and adjusting once it gets into Cubase?

I read the manual around page 80 etc., but I didn't quite understand even after that.

Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Export to Cubase - How does Auria tell Cubase where past

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:05 am

If you export your project using AAF format, the start times of all your regions are included in the file. As well as automation.

Rim

alexis

Post by alexis » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:45 am

Rim wrote:If you export your project using AAF format, the start times of all your regions are included in the file. As well as automation.

Rim
Thanks, Rim!

I checked my Cubase operations manual - it can import two Apple defined formats: AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format) and AIFC (Audio Interchange File Format, Compressed). Is the AAF that you mention Auria exports to another name for one of these two?

What I also don't know, since I use a PC, is whether my system can import one of these Apple-defined audio files. But I will try to find out in the Cubase forum!

Thanks much -

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:30 am

What I'm talking about is not an audio file format like WAV or AIF. AAF is a project format. It's a way to export your entire project into another DAW.

Rim

alexis

Post by alexis » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:08 am

Rim wrote:What I'm talking about is not an audio file format like WAV or AIF. AAF is a project format. It's a way to export your entire project into another DAW.

Rim
Thanks, Rim. I'll do some more research as to what Cubase 6.5 (on XP) might be able to import. I didn't see "AAF" listed as a topic in the operations manual index, I'll do a more in depth search and ask in the forums.

BTW - the level of support here on the Auria forums is really *impressive* - thanks!

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Rimpressive is the word.

(Thanks, I'll be here all week. Tip your servers.)