Track Editing (Cut, Copy, Paste)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

G-master G
Expert

Track Editing (Cut, Copy, Paste)

Post by G-master G » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:02 pm

G’day guys
I have a query regarding recoding and copying segments of music. Sometimes the only way to understand something is to describe what you know and compare it to what you want to know so here goes.

Up until I purchased Auria for my iPad I have been using a Boss BR900CD digital recorder to do all of my recording.
When I record I set a click track to the BPM that I want and then the unit shows a detailed display including the bar number, the beats in the bar and the hours minutes seconds and fractions of seconds of time that has transpired during the recording.

So let’s say I record 16 bars of a bass riff which is a 2-bar motif repeated 8 times. I choose the best 2-bar rendition of that riff and then by using the track-edit features I can tell the machine to copy from (for example) bar 4 beat 1 to bar 7 beat 1 and paste it from bar 1 beat 1 and repeat it 10 times. This will give me 20 bars which is the equivalent of my 2-bar riff repeated 10 times.

So my simple question is: how do I do something analogous to this in Auria?.

Cheers

Grant

syrupcore
Expert

Re: Track Editing (Cut, Copy, Paste)

Post by syrupcore » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:51 pm

First, be sure you have bars/beats set for the ruler. Tap the transport options in the top right to select it.

-Record you pass
- Make sure 'snap' is set to bars
- Find the section you like
- Slice it out by putting the cursor on the ruler at the start and then end positions, hitting 'split' each time. (There are other ways to do this but this will work)
- Tap that newly sliced out good region and copy it with the menu
- Delete the recording or move it out of the way or make a new track
- Paste your good audio clip to the start of your track (you can also skip the copy paste and just drag it there)
- Zoom in to the right edge of the good clip until you see a semicircle in the middle of the right side
- Tap, hold and drag it to the right for as long as you'd like it to loop[/list]

It's a little awkward to do long stretches this way since you need to be zoomed in to get to the drag/loop handle but it works fine. Just be patient as you drag off the screen. If you're recording to a click, it's probably three times as fast to do this as it was to read my bourbon soaked ramble.

G-master G
Expert

Re: Track Editing (Cut, Copy, Paste)

Post by G-master G » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:31 am

Thanks mate,

I may need to read it through a bourbon fog so that it is clear to me!!

Cheers

Grant