Track sends for effects...is it possible?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ericd921
Expert

Track sends for effects...is it possible?

Post by Ericd921 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Hello all,

This may be a stupid question, and I've looked everywhere to see if this is possible...is there any way to send a track to another track for effects? For example, if I have a guitar track that I want to keep dry, but I want to send it to another new track with Timeless or a reverb effect so I can adjust the effected track independently in the mix. I know I've been able to do this in Protools and thought perhaps there was a way to do it in Auria, and I could save my 2 Aux sends for bigger things. Please let me know if I'm missing anything, I think that would be an extremely useful feature.

Thanks!
Eric

Washboy
Expert

Re: Track sends for effects...is it possible?

Post by Washboy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Could you not assign the track to a spare subgroup and apply the FX to the subgroup? Or simply bounce the track to a new one (duplicate it)?

Ericd921
Expert

Post by Ericd921 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Basically, what I'm trying to do is send the audio from a given track to a new track, hit play and stream it onto the new track in real-time and run the effects totally wet on that new track, allowing me to mix the two tracks independently. I couldn't do it with subgroups, as once its assigned to a subgroup, that fader is almost like a master fader and won't allow blending of the two signals. I could do it by creating a copy of the original track and pasting it onto a new track, then setting the effects totally wet and blending it that way, but that will take up storage space on the ipad. In Protools, I've been able to send audio from a track to another new track with effects in real-time and then blend it from there. I was just wondering if Auria possibly had this capability and I had missed it somewhere, but I think I might be SOL on this deal. Looks like I'll just have to duplicate the track and go from there.
Eric

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:22 pm

There's no direct way to do this in Auria, because it doesn't support assigning multiple subgroups to one track. I recommend creating a new track, then duplicating the regions onto the new track. When you duplicate in Auria, playing the two duplicated regions doesn't take any more resources, because Auria simply plays from the same wav file.

Rim

Ericd921
Expert

Post by Ericd921 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Thanks, Rim! I figured I would probably have to do that. So...can I duplicate a mono track and paste it onto a stereo track and Auria will convert it to stereo, or do I need to do a bounce from mono to stereo?
Eric

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes, if you create a stereo track (using add track in the menu), then duplicate a mono region and move it onto that new track, Auria will play that mono region out of both channels.

Rim