Apps that Midi Sync with Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Apps that Midi Sync with Auria

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:44 am

Lets all try to assemble a list of audio apps that DO lock up to Auria's midi sync. Please try to only list your experience with apps that are working with Auria. Not ones that are NOT working. This info could help others when considering a new app purchase to lock up to Auria. Cheers everyone.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Apps that Midi Sync with Auria

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:16 am

Midi Pattern Sequencer. Locks up to Auria and controls all your midi apps. 8/10 by A.I.R. Studio. Nice thing about this sequencer is that it takes up very little cpu power. Highly recommend it. Cheers. ~~_/)~~~

Studio304

Post by Studio304 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:47 pm

hey Anthony - can you please do a screen shot of the Midi setup page in Auria and the same in MSequencer (Midi Pattern Sequencer) - I found your great video on Youtube and tried to follow it - but I can't get msequencer to start when I press play in Auria (also tried other sequencers and get the same result) - I'm running latest release of all apps.

thanks alot - Jules

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:Midi Pattern Sequencer. Locks up to Auria and controls all your midi apps. 8/10 by A.I.R. Studio. Nice thing about this sequencer is that it takes up very little cpu power. Highly recommend it. Cheers. ~~_/)~~~
Thanks for the tip,looks very interesting indeed.But is it really a rock solid sync?Not slightly shifting the timing like almost all other stuff (even if it start/stop in time etc).While controlling other apps,not external gear.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:16 am

Sure @Studio304 here are The Auria and MidiPattern Sequencer settings. In Auria simply select midi output -SEND NOTES to MidiPattern Sequencer. In Midi Pattern sequencer select MIDI CLOCK SYNC= AUTO SELECT
Select ECHO BACK (although this is not needed for syncing purposes it's best to leave this setting on or marked with an X)
Select CURRENT MIDI DEVICE= own MIDI PATTERN SEQUENCER.
You must set MidiPattern Sequencers tempo to match Auria's tempo in advance(manually). As changing Auria's Tempo does not change Midi Pattern Sequencers Tempo no matter what the midi settings are. This is minor as you only have to set this once.

That's it. Sorry I couldn't send you a screen shot as the forum uploader said that attatchment quotas have been met by the thread. As for Csar yes this sequencer stays locked on perfectly without any waivering in tempo if you use the settings above.
Good luck. Cheers. ~~_/)~~~*

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:09 am

Thanks again!

I saw it's from the same dev than Audio Mastering etc (and it's much cheaper now than it was in the beginning) so i'll give it a try.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Studio304

Post by Studio304 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Cheers Anthony - that did it !!

I think the mistake I made was "Select CURRENT MIDI DEVICE= own MIDI PATTERN SEQUENCER."
(I had Auria in there)

thanks again

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:36 am

Hi Anthony,
Following your setup I've managed to get Auria to sync with midi pattern seq thanks. The only problem I have is that although Auria seems to record what midi pattern seq is playing in time, I'm hearing it slightly delayed. Is Auria compensating without me needing to adjust anything when it records? Is there anything I can do to change this (anyone)? It's fine if everything comes through MPS, but if anything is recorded onto Auria it doesn't sound together.
Thanks for any help.

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi Anthony - i followed your settings for midi pattern sequencer but it does not work - something changed via iOs 8 ?

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:58 pm

ok - got it now - had to close the settings page in midi patternsequencer - but it runs exactly half a beat to late - it"s tight but it's offbeat instead of downbeat - couldn't find a way to edit envelopes via cc either - not my kind ! thanks anyway - pipo