Streaming tracks from Beatmaker or Cubasis

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

windyweekend
Expert

Streaming tracks from Beatmaker or Cubasis

Post by windyweekend » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:07 am

I'm sure this is straightforward for those in the is but my midi skills have regressed a lot over the years.

How does one to about streaming individual tracks from Beatmaker 2 or Cubasis into different tracks in Auria via Audiobus or Midibridge? At the moment I'm exporting wav files from the DAWs and importing into Auria and am having quality issues.

If there's a simple answer out there (or a YouTube demo) someone can point me to I'd be eternally grateful.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Streaming tracks from Beatmaker or Cubasis

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:02 pm

Ok well first in Audiobus the sources coming into Auria are streamed as a whole not seperate tracks. You could mute the tracks and only send one at a time to Auria. This is very slow to perform as you would have to stream the audio in real time for each track. It is easier to just audio-copy the track and paste it into a track inside of Auria. So the answer is no you cannot sent 16 seperate tracks from one audio app into 16 seperate tracks in Auria at the same time as each track would require a seperate midi channel. However it is possible to stream multiple audio into seperate tracks using Audiobus but remember that each sound source must come from a different audio app at the same time. You can insert 3 source apps at a time in Audiobus. I personally have had no audio quality loss when copying audio out of one app into Auria. Hope this helps. Cheers.

windyweekend
Expert

Post by windyweekend » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:09 am

Thanks Anthony. I'll try streaming one track at a time. I don't mind mixing taking time and effort if the results warrant it. Right now I've got bigger issues with background hiss forcing me to look at alternatives to Auria unfortunately.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:50 am

windyweekend wrote:Thanks Anthony. I'll try streaming one track at a time. I don't mind mixing taking time and effort if the results warrant it. Right now I've got bigger issues with background hiss forcing me to look at alternatives to Auria unfortunately.
Sorry to hear that your having problems. I have never heard of this problem on the forum before. Mabe you could describe your set-up and how you go about transferring your files. Is it all files or only some files. Note the sampling rate. Can you load these into BM2 with no hiss? If you load the files into BM2 then audiocopy them into Auria do the files play normally?
Were here to help. Cheers.
~~_/)~~~