Some EQ and compressor dials resetting themselves

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BrookFin

Some EQ and compressor dials resetting themselves

Post by BrookFin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:40 pm

This is weird. Using the Fx ChannelStrip, some of the knobs are resetting themselves soon after I set them. The bottom left EQ level knob resets to -15 and the switch to the left of that resets to shelving. The compressor resets from 3:1 (where I set it) to 1:1. These controls reset when Stop is pushed. Also, that EQ level will not allow itself to be moved while the song is playing. I've done a lot of work with the Auria fx over the past several months and have never seen anything like this.

BrookFin

Re: Some EQ and compressor dials resetting themselves

Post by BrookFin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm

OK, I did a "hard reset" or whatever it's called and that seemed to fix it.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:25 pm

This happens if you have the automation turned on, and have recorded some automation (even accidentally). Just make sure your R and W buttons are off if you're not using automation.

Rim

BrookFin

Post by BrookFin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Now it's doing it again. Comp is resetting 1:1.

BrookFin

Post by BrookFin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:56 pm

I didn't see your reply. I can indeed make changes on the strip when automation is off, but as soon as I switch back to "read" it zeroes again. The only automation I'm using in for volume, which is essential for this track. How can I have a usable comp setting and automation at the same time?

BrookFin

Post by BrookFin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 am

Do I have to set fx BEFORE automation to keep this from happening? The only automation I use is for volume. How does that affect fx?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:27 pm

You can have volume automation recorded, and still use the channelstrip the normal way. I think you might have touched one of the channelstrip controls while the automation was in record mode (W). Once you do this, it will reset that knob every time you press play.

One way to check is to go to the editor page, and look to see if there's any automation on that particular track besides volume. When you use the track view selector, any parameter that's highlighted in that dropdown box is something that has automation on it. You can simply delete that automation manually in the editor.

Rim

BrookFin

Post by BrookFin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Yep. I found EqHMQ CmpPower, CmpMakeU, and CmpRatio, and CmpOutpu highlighted. How do I delete these manually? Didn't see anything about it in the Auria manual under Automation in the Edit Window.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:12 pm

OK, it's a matter of tapping on the control points, then pressing the delete icon. If there's only one control point, it'll be all the way to the left.

Rim

BrookFin

Post by BrookFin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:29 pm

All clear! Makes sense now. Thanks. Auria support is the best!