pitch automation and/or retune?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

22tape

pitch automation and/or retune?

Post by 22tape » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:09 pm

hi guys. i purchased auria last night. and whilst i do love it, it's missing a feature that i thought it had, and that is rather important to me--

i thought i'd be able to automate the pitch of the audio, but as far as i can tell, i can't. or am i missing something?

if i'm not able to automate the pitch, i was thinking about purchasing retune to see if i can get the same effect. what is the pitch range for retune.... +1 -1 octave?

is pitch automation something that auria is planning implementing?

thanks!

Geronimo
Expert

Re: pitch automation and/or retune?

Post by Geronimo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Every attribute of every plug-in is automatable. I'm actually having the
exact same problem as you, and haven't found a proper solution yet.

ReTune isn't really suited for anything but vocals, it doesn't really do a clean
pitch shift. You have to be aware of that.

A user from this forum told me that it might be possible with the Garageband sampler,
but i haven't tried it yet.

And i've already asked Rim about exactly that on several occasions :) He said it's on the list,
But i'm not sure whether it'll be automatable. If not we'll have to wait for the sampler then i think.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:30 pm

What's planned for a future update is a pitch and time stretching process function. This will be similar to the other process functions in Auria's Process menu (Gain, Normalize,etc). So it won't be automatable, but you'll be able to select a part of a track and apply the pitch process to it.

I also have a more fully integrated time and pitch functionality planned, but the more simple pitch processing will come first.

Rim

22tape

Post by 22tape » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:28 pm

great, thanks for the info guys.