Mixdown to audioshare

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Mixdown to audioshare

Post by mrufino1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm having trouble mixing to audioshare. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes audioshare crashes and the file is not sent to it. I've tried all 3 core audio modes and I've tried restarts, etc. no other apps open, doesn't seem to make a difference if audioshare is open or closed prior to mix down. Any ideas? When it works, it is a brilliant and handy feature. But tonight I just can't get it working, now I just mixed it to Dropbox so I can open it in another app. iPad 2, is it just a lack if horsepower to have both open? Or is there something else I'm missing? I saw the other thread but that seems to importing from audioshare and a slightly different issue anyway. Thanks in advance.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Mixdown to audioshare

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Are you adding notes to the crash report? I'll have a look to see if I can figure out why it's crashing.

Thanks,
RIm

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Sorry, I'll clarify. Auria isn't crashing, audioshare starts to open, then disappears but is in the task bar. No file though. I haven't had the issue opening in audioshare from other apps though. I know I am squeezing the last drop of performance out of the ipad2, it could be that, I don't know. No new iPad yet, so I'll do the best I can...Dropbox worked to move it around, it's just an extra step.

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:47 pm

I stand corrected, I just tried to open the mix from audio mastering back into audioshare (a wav file) and audioshare did the same thing, so I think it's on that program's end.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:04 am

I noticed audio mastering app crashes using audio share from time to time. I closed all programs and started them afresh and it started working again.

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:48 am

I believe I found the issue. I checked my iPad's storage this morning and there was only 50mb free. Total user error here...when you unfreeze and refreeze a track, does auria automatically clean up the old frozen files? I have auto cleanup on. In order to get what I need I pretty much wind up freezing everything. Can't wait for a newer iPad!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Yes, Auria removes any files it used for freezing once you unfreeze. Glad you solved it.

Rim