Crashing upon recording

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ricta

Crashing upon recording

Post by Ricta » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi,

I have a 15 track project that I get thrown out of when I try to record another.

The CPU is 15% and memory fluctuates between 300 and 600 mb.
I have the core audio set to multicore, Presonus 1818, and monitoring thru headphone jack.
New track is armed, set to record then I press the play button and Auria pauses then shuts down.

What could be the cause and answer?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Crashing upon recording

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:23 pm

I suggest trying Standard or Legacy modes. There's no impact on quality or performance in any of the modes, so try one of the other modes to see if it makes a difference.

Rim

Ricta

Post by Ricta » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:56 pm

This same thing happened before last update and on another iPad.
Also I have read a post in "bug reports" by Drock that sounds like the same problem I'm experiencing.
If there is no quick fix I will move on to another project till next update. Cheers.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:04 pm

As I mentioned, please try using the various core audio modes in Auria's settings page. I suggest Legacy mode for best results. I added these mode switches to the latest version to fix problems exactly like the one you're describing. Apple still has some work to do to eliminate all the bugs in the new CoreAudio modes like MultiRoute, so I added options to let the user decide which mode works best for them.

Rim

Ricta

Post by Ricta » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:07 am

I followed through with the above and found that the multicore allows me to perform the best setup. While I was changing back forth I noticed that the fx where being switched off after I pressed play, up until a Tom track, which was originally recorded in mono, is now in stereo and the fx for this track are remaining on. The other tracks that follow this Tom track also remain on. It seems as though this track is stopping/blocking the next function.

I have searched the forum for changing a track from stereo to mono but as I try to re-record to new track Auria crashes.

I'm stuck...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:12 am

OK, the issue you're seeing may not be related to the CoreAudio bug. If you send me your project, I'll have a look at it. The easiest way to do this is to use iTunes or iFunBox to copy the project to a computer, then zip it and dropbox it to me: rim at drumagog dot com.

Thanks,
Rim

Ricta

Post by Ricta » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:27 am

Sorry for this, but, do you mean send an email with a zip file or do I somehow get the zip into your Dropbox?
If I dump it in your Dropbox can you explain how I go about it... Old wise one!

Cheers

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:18 am

Sure, what I mean is to use a program like iFunBox (a free program for the Mac or PC) to copy the project onto your computer. Then you zip it. Now, you go to dropbox.com. You'll need to have your own dropbox account, so if you don't have one, it's free to sign up. Once you do, upload it to dropbox and choose to "share it" with me (my dropbox account is the same as my email address).

Thanks,
Rim

Ricta

Post by Ricta » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi.
I was wondering how you were getting on with the fix of the above problem?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:27 pm

I haven't had a chance to look at your project yet, but It's on my list to look at for 1.12.

Thanks,
Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:08 am

Yeah, I'm waiting for version 1.12 myself since I still have that issue mentioned originally in this thread. Thanks for help so far, Rim.

mandobassdude

Post by mandobassdude » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:24 am

I am having the same problem, with only 7 audio tracks and one global effect (conv reverb: S Francesco on the 6 already recorded tracks. the 7th is not set for the effect yet).

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:48 am

Can you tell me what happens exactly?

Rim

Ricta

Post by Ricta » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:08 am

Hi.
After setting up a new track, arm it to record, then press play then "fx" buttons on first 2 tracks change from on to off, then Auria seems to pause for a second then crashes.
I have even deleted the 3rd track to see if the change from mono to stereo thing was an issue, but no Auria just kept crashing at the same point.

I'm going to start recording the drums for a new song in the next few days, if I find a similar issue I will post you the details ASAP.

Cheers, Rick.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:44 am

Rick,

Thanks. I've got your project, and I'm trying to get it to crash like you describe, but it's not doing it here. Your first two tracks are frozen. Are you unfreezing them first? Here's what I tried. Please let me know if you're doing anything differently:

1. Open your project
2. Unfreeze the first two tracks
3. Add a new track
4. Record enable this new track
5. Press Fx on track 1
6. Press Bypass
7. Press Fx on track 2
8. Press In on ClassicVerb.

No crashes. Maybe a short video would help me see exactly what you're doing? Unless you see something obvious that I'm not doing.

Thanks,
Rim