Moving tracks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Moving tracks

Post by mrufino1 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm noticing that in the newest version I cannot move tracks if I have even one frozen track in the session. Maybe it's happened for a while, but I could always move a track as long as it wasn't trying to directly move a frozen track. Is this a bug (I'm getting the message that says "cannot move a frozen track") or is it supposed to be this way? Can it change in the near future? I added some new tracks after mixing for a while because I wanted to split a guitar part to 2 different tracks so I wouldn't have to automate a lot of eq parameters, etc. however, the new tracks are stuck at the bottom of the session, I can't put the track next to the other guitar track. It would greatly help with session organization. Being able to move frozen tracks would be even better (not edit, move within the track, etc, I understand why that's not possible.) thanks, looking forward to hearing your answer.

I can't wait to upgrade my ipad2 so that I'm not having to freeze everything. Until then...

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Moving tracks

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:41 pm

That limitation was there from the beginning. If there's a frozen track between the track you want to move and the destination, you'll get this error. I will eventually write some code to handle this case, and it's on my list.

Rim