How are the new Plugins compared to others?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BlackBox
Expert

How are the new Plugins compared to others?

Post by BlackBox » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Just curious for some insight to what others think of the D Cam comps that are out now. Already having the fab filter and PSP ones wondering if they are worth grabbing. The bus comp seems practical at first but theres already one on it anyway. Just looking for a good reason to buy them.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: How are the new Plugins compared to others?

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 am

Basically the difference in compressors or any of the varied plugins is that each developer often chooses a hardware piece to copy so they program their plugin to sound as close to the hardwares sound and behave like the hardware unit. In the case of the Dcomp from FxPansion, these are from some early british units from the 60's I believe. Their website has a video that describes the plugins and how they sound like the vintage gear. Because every plugin is developed differently you end up with a unique sound when you use different plugins. The more in your library the more your choices are when mixing and recording. Imagine a sound bank with only one string or one piano or one reverb. The tracks would be limited in sound due to the limited choices of patches. The same applies to plugins of all kinds. its essentially owning more gear to due more things. I purchase all the plugins for Auria as they have all contributed their own character to my tracks and it helps support the plugin developers for Auria. cheers mate.

BlackBox
Expert

Re: How are the new Plugins compared to others?

Post by BlackBox » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:24 am

Fair enough. I got the FXpansion and love it! The one I am mainly intrigued by is the Bus Comp. Dare I say though that there is a point of redundancy with plugins but these companies and their products are usually pretty great in their own right and serve a purpose for every different occasion! I trust in being happy with getting any of them. Was just looking for some feedback to what those who got it for Auria think and what not.