1.11 Audioshare integration

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

RobB
Expert

1.11 Audioshare integration

Post by RobB » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Was looking forward to this but it does seem odd

The mechanics of it seem to be that it copies the file from Audioshare into the root directory with the files real name and then creates another file renamed Audiobus X in the project directory. Is this how it's meant to be? So every time I use this feature the root directory will fill up with files?
Would it not be better to have one copy of the file in the project and project directory with its actual name?

I'm having a few other issues with Audiobus error messages and sample rate conversion playing files at different speeds but I'll try and get some pattern to this before posting.

Rob

Edit: Audiopaste X, not Audiobus. I was using Audiopaste.
Last edited by RobB on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iPad Air / 128 | iOS 7.1 | Apogee Duet | Auria 1.14 | Cubasis 1.7.2
Learning to play drums

Rim
Site Admin

Re: 1.11 Audioshare integration

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm not sure I follow - When using the AudioShare import function, it should only create the one file you imported. There's no "AudioBus X". In fact, it's not related to AudioBus at all.

Rim

RobB
Expert

Post by RobB » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Okay, looks like I'm not understanding the workflow.
This is what I'm trying now:

Start Auria: open a new project
Select Audioshare >import from Audioshare
Audioshare opens
Select a .wav file
Hit Import into app: auria
Changes to Auria (several audiobus error messages)
There is no audio in the project.
Goto Import audio. File is in root directory.
From here import into project, file is copied into project folder and displayed in project (correct name)

I'm a bit confused here.

Also while doing this a few times Auria crashed on me several times. A couple of times it took two attempts to restart it. Many Audiobus error messages.

In over six months of using Auria I have never had one crash until this. I don't think I'll be using this feature :shock: :wink:
Learning to play drums

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Rim there is some complains about this on the AudioBus forum.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:08 am

Thanks, now I understand. Here's what's going on:

1. Audiobus error messages: These are unrelated to AudioShare (a different company). The reason these show up is because Auria by default uses a CoreAudio mode that causes issues when other audio apps are open. In v1.11, I've added some extra audio modes to choose from in Auria's settings page. Try using the Legacy CoreAudio mode for best results.

2. Importing from AudioShare - you've got the process right. When importing from another app, the audio is copied into your root folder, because Auria has no way of knowing which projects you might want to use the audio in.

Rim

RobB
Expert

Post by RobB » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:14 am

Okay, got it now.

Audiopaste being the only thing available and pasting the same file threw me.
Legacy mode seems to have cleared up all the crashing. I left it in standard, didn't think I would have to go back to an even earlier version.
I hope Apple fixes the newer modes before getting rid of legacy mode, they're certainly not as active in fixing bugs as you are, Rim.

There seems to be an issue with Audioshare not playing, I think it's depends on which was opened first. But I've had enough for one day I'm going to bed.

Thanks.

Edit Audiopaste not Audiobus. Audiobus, Audiopaste, Audioshare, it's going to get tricky.
Last edited by RobB on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learning to play drums

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:55 am

"There seems to be an issue with Audioshare not playing, I think it's depends on which was opened first. But I've had enough for one day I'm going to bed."
/RobB

About the audio play back in Audioshare...If I set Aurias core audio mode to "multi route", Audioshare will play back audio when using the import from Audioshare function (regardless of which app was started first). I don't know if this setting will mess up something else tho (I don't use record interfaces etc). But I did notice the audio output from Auria got a bit louder (not the mix levels, just the audio output). Legacy and standard did nothing in regards to Audioshares audio playback when Auria is the first app that's started.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:29 pm

Not currently. Eventually the plan is to have a pop-up box asking what you want to do with the audio, but for now, this was the simplest option.

Rim

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:09 pm

For what it's worth, I'd much prefer a settings switch to being asked via blocking dialog every time. Better yet, Rim picks a default location (hopefully in the project!) and we're offered a chance to change it via non-blocking info bar. "File copied to foobar project folder. [Change file location]". The way Gmail does undo.

I read this years ago and it's stuck with me. Never Use a Warning When you Mean Undo

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Got to say love this new feature(mix down to AudioShare) , it didn't work to well at first for me , had to shut down Auria before the mix down file would play in AudioShare, but the New audio setting thingy was set in standard , since changing to multi route it working pretty good now
It's nice jus to mix down a project then just listen before deciding uploading to sound cloud, drop box etc 8)