AudioBus a maybe for the Future would this be possible

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jus
Expert

AudioBus a maybe for the Future would this be possible

Post by Jus » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:59 pm

There seems to be a few standalone effects popping up reverb etc in Audiobus compatible apps

I was just wondering would it be possible to link the effects section in AudioBus to the effects inserts in auria at all in the future so you could have a virtual vst effects sort of thing

:idea: :shock: :mrgreen:

syrupcore
Expert

Re: AudioBus a maybe for the Future would this be possible

Post by syrupcore » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:09 pm

you can almost do this now via bussing. I would love the option to set one of the sends as an audiobus input! That way you could set lots of tracks to go through the AB effects slot at different levels.

Or, and perhaps ultimately more flexible: ability to assign tracks to more than one bus. For the audiobus use case, that would allow you to do something like a send. Plus it gets you possibilities like parallel compression without duplicating tracks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AudioBus a maybe for the Future would this be possible

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to accomplish this with Audiobus. It only allows one audio path, so using it like a plugin insert for several effects is impossible. I could possibly add Audiobus to the send bus (you can already use the Sub bus for Audiobus), but returning the audio must still be done through a separate track.

Rim