Losing over dubs

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mikelucas4

Losing over dubs

Post by mikelucas4 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 am

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and would know why or how to prevent it... My friend and I are doing an all auria recorded project on an IPAD3. Last night he had recorded his first take on the guitar and then went back in and punched in to correct mistakes. (Five or six spots) everything was fixed and sounded good. Log out of app as normal, and plugged in ipad for the night. This morning, all overdubs were lost!!.....Original track with mistakes was there. Any thoughts or suggestions??
Thanks!
Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Losing over dubs

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Auria saves your project any time you do something like moving a fader, or making an edit. Is it possible that you force-closed Auria before it had a chance to save those punch-ins?

There are automatic snapshots made every 10 minutes as well. Have you tried loading one of those to see if it was saved there?

Rim

mikelucas4

Post by mikelucas4 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey Rim thanks for replying !
Definately didnt force close, everything went well/normal.
Where do i find the snapshots?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:02 pm

There's a submenu in the main Auria Menu called "Snapshots". Click on that, then choose Load Snapshots.

RIm

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:00 pm

I have experienced something similar a couple of times. If it's the same problem, the good news is that the takes aren't lost, they're just hidden under another region.

What seems to happen is that the punch-in overdubs are placed on top of the older region, but some actions pop the older region back to the top, covering the newer, smaller regions.

mikelucas4

Post by mikelucas4 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:09 am

hmmmm, thanks checkrath! Ill try that too!

mike