Live recording questions

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

THX1136
Expert

Live recording questions

Post by THX1136 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:32 pm

New here. I recently switched to Auria to handle live recording situations I was using my trusty Fostex VF16 for. Been reading stuff here to get a handle on things. I'll be doing 2 kinds of live - single track with a 50 minute duration and 12 to 14 track with 10 to 15 minute duration. Aside from shutting down all running apps on my iPad2 64Gb, what else should I pay attention to? Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help!
Belief does not create truth; unbelief does not destroy truth

http://www.nimbitmusic.com/allencarlson - Also at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Locusic and LastFM

brooks501
Expert

Re: Live recording questions

Post by brooks501 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:13 am

I also turn off Bluetooth and wifi then do a hard reset by pushing home button and sleep button together and wait for iPad to restart, I'm using IPad 2 and mini with Focusrite 18i20 and not had a problem yet.

THX1136
Expert

Post by THX1136 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks for the info. I appreciate your taking the time to answer!
Belief does not create truth; unbelief does not destroy truth

http://www.nimbitmusic.com/allencarlson - Also at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Locusic and LastFM

dennytom83

How to apply noise gate

Post by dennytom83 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Dear Rim,

Please let us know how to use noise gate effectively. I mean I couldn't get a decent level of noise reduction through the built in Expander of PSP Channel strip. Functions like noise gate should be kept simple just like in Cubase. Kindly introduce a separate option in Edit Menu for Noise gate. For eg, one can select a portion in the waveform and apply noise gate only to that portion...
Waiting to hear from you...
Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:05 am

I think we strike a pretty decent balance between overly complex and not function enough in the channelstrip. Being able to select only a portion of audio and process it is not possible yet with Auria (but on my list for an upcoming version for sure).

We've written a tutorial on each function in the channelstrip. Please have a look here for info on using the expander in a noise gate mode:

http://blog.auriaapp.com/category/auria ... ls/page/3/

Rim

dennytom83

Post by dennytom83 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:31 am

Dear Rim,
Thanks for your reply.
Actually the way you are delivering information to queries is highly appreciable.

Glad to know that you have included the feature request in your list. Eagerly waiting for the next update...
Thanks,
Denny