any love for Retune? no one talks about it lol

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

QbAnYtO
Expert

any love for Retune? no one talks about it lol

Post by QbAnYtO » Sat May 25, 2013 1:57 pm

just wondering if anyone forgot about retune? he just sits there. in the corner. crying. in the dark... with a candle lit on. running a cold shower....

ajmack302
Expert

Re: any love for Retune? no one talks about it lol

Post by ajmack302 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Ha! I like it, in moderation. I've used it in some recordings by duplicating a vocal part and used ReTune to create a high harmony part which I then use quite low in the mix to add some depth. It can sound a little crazy if you don't rein it in though!!

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat May 25, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm baffled by it.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat May 25, 2013 7:56 pm

It only works on vocals, and they need to be single vocals (nothing else on the track but one vocal). It works well if you use it for that purpose.

Rim

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Sat May 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Yea I want to use it but I can't find my damn camera kit for my mic lol.

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Thu May 30, 2013 8:28 am

I find it quite difficult to tweak but sometimes worth the effort - as used on my latest track: https://soundcloud.com/craig-heckrath/notice-me

I'd never use it on an entire vocal part but rather just to fix specific notes. Also, I've had greater success on female vocals than on my voice (possibly because I'm not the best singer :) )

On a related note, improvox recently enabled their app for the Audiobus effects. Been in touch with the developers and they will be adding the feature to mute the dry (unharmonized ) vocal in a future release. Great app if you haven't tried it

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Checkrath wrote:I find it quite difficult to tweak but sometimes worth the effort - as used on my latest track: https://soundcloud.com/craig-heckrath/notice-me

I'd never use it on an entire vocal part but rather just to fix specific notes. Also, I've had greater success on female vocals than on my voice (possibly because I'm not the best singer :) )

On a related note, improvox recently enabled their app for the Audiobus effects. Been in touch with the developers and they will be adding the feature to mute the dry (unharmonized ) vocal in a future release. Great app if you haven't tried it

Actually I been using improvox for a while now and love it. I just wanna take advantage of Auria's tools u kno? I paid for it I might as well try to use everything I can from it. Its such an awesome app. Yea the improvox crew are nice ppl. I actually suggested the feature where it records the solo voice track and saves it as a separate file :p they told me they were gonna go with my suggestions. Cool chaps. Just like rim!

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:09 pm

I hate Autotune in any form. I hate it as a "creative" effect (it's not). I hate it as an auto talent plugin. I just read an interview with Phil Tan in which he said it is now a default part of Rihanna's sound, but that it wasn't because she really needed it. Okay...