No input when recording

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

PC FREE

No input when recording

Post by PC FREE » Wed May 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi all.

I've suddenly developed a problem. I used to get extremely quiet recordings despite increasing the input gain. Now I get no input level at all - so consequently it won't record at all now! I'm currently using the Ipad microphone. I've tried reinstalling but to no avail. I can hear the sound from previous recordings still. The problem isn't my microphone because I have cubasis and it works perfectly. Any ideas please?
Thanks very much

Rim
Site Admin

Re: No input when recording

Post by Rim » Wed May 22, 2013 10:24 pm

A couple of things to check:

- Make sure the gain is turned up. To set the input gain, tap and hold on the record enable button, then choose Record Level from the menu that pops up.
- Make sure the input matrix for that track is set to Mic
- Make sure you don't have anything plugged into the 30 pin or lightning port (like a USB audio device, or any audio interface). The microphone will not work if something is plugged in there.

Rim

PC FREE

Post by PC FREE » Thu May 23, 2013 2:33 am

Rim wrote:A couple of things to check:

- Make sure the gain is turned up. To set the input gain, tap and hold on the record enable button, then choose Record Level from the menu that pops up.
- Make sure the input matrix for that track is set to Mic
- Make sure you don't have anything plugged into the 30 pin or lightning port (like a USB audio device, or any audio interface). The microphone will not work if something is plugged in there.

Rim
Thanks for your reply but I've done all of the above already and still there's nothing

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu May 23, 2013 2:39 am

if you have Audiobus, select the mic for the input and Auria for the output.

I noticed that was the only way to get the built in mic to work for a while. not sure if the current version of Auria is back to normal now.

PC FREE

Post by PC FREE » Thu May 23, 2013 3:09 am

mtingle wrote:if you have Audiobus, select the mic for the input and Auria for the output.

I noticed that was the only way to get the built in mic to work for a while. not sure if the current version of Auria is back to normal now.

Thankyou very much for your very swift reply!! That's done the job!!

Regards