Jamup Users

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

trupro
Expert

Jamup Users

Post by trupro » Wed May 15, 2013 11:51 am

Hey folks, hope your week is going well!

Tried Jamup free version, was pleased, so bought the full app last night. (its on sale rite now)
Not having great performance recording with plugs open in Auria anyway, so i just bought the standalone...

Have a couple of questions for Jamup Users regarding the full, standalone version of Jamup Pro XT:

1.I always record both wet and dry signals. Anyone doing this with Jamup now, either by some particular AudioBus config or with the i/o matrix in Auria itself?
(for example, could i ostensibly route my DI box XLR as a normal input channel on my interface, while using the secondary output of the DI routed through the interface to Jamup Via Audiobus, and then record that simultaniously?)

2.People who like classic rock and hipster dreampop: What is the most essential amp upgrade bundle you have added to your Jamup XT pro that you recommend as most useful? As in 'widest array of tones and effects' you've encountered?

Thanks for your input, cheers!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Jamup Users

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed May 15, 2013 4:30 pm

trupro wrote:Hey folks, hope your week is going well!

Tried Jamup free version, was pleased, so bought the full app last night. (its on sale rite now)
Not having great performance recording with plugs open in Auria anyway, so i just bought the standalone...

Have a couple of questions for Jamup Users regarding the full, standalone version of Jamup Pro XT:

1.I always record both wet and dry signals. Anyone doing this with Jamup now, either by some particular AudioBus config or with the i/o matrix in Auria itself?
(for example, could i ostensibly route my DI box XLR as a normal input channel on my interface, while using the secondary output of the DI routed through the interface to Jamup Via Audiobus, and then record that simultaniously?)

2.People who like classic rock and hipster dreampop: What is the most essential amp upgrade bundle you have added to your Jamup XT pro that you recommend as most useful? As in 'widest array of tones and effects' you've encountered?

Thanks for your input, cheers!
Audiobus in of itself does not split an audio signal path but it does see the different inputs that your audio device has. So lets say you have a 2 channel audiobox like the Scarlet 2i2, you can send a signal to track 1 with JamUp as the souce while splitting your guitar signal using the DI box send the unaffected guitar to track 2 . So input 1 of your Scarlet that has the JamUp ProXT records to track 1 in Auria and the dry split signal into input 2 of the Scarlet into Track 2 of Auria.
Cheers and hope this helps.

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Wed May 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Fantastic, had no idea Audiobus was capable of that. Thanks Anthony!

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Thu May 16, 2013 8:05 am

Am I oversimplifying it by just thinking you can record your wet signal from Audiobus and your dry signal directly in Auria? Input matrix setup for audiobus on track one and just direct input for track two. This has been working for me anyway.

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Thu May 16, 2013 12:05 pm

boone51 wrote:Am I oversimplifying it by just thinking you can record your wet signal from Audiobus and your dry signal directly in Auria? Input matrix setup for audiobus on track one and just direct input for track two. This has been working for me anyway.
thats what i was thinking too, guess its good there are two methods.

I would prefer what boone51 mentions here since the dry signal wont have to pass through a second buffer via audiobus.

Thanks to you both, cheers