Update Auria and Download every times IR purchase!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Sinapsya
Expert

Update Auria and Download every times IR purchase!

Post by Sinapsya » Tue May 14, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi Rim,
Is it possible that every times I update Auria I must re-download the IR files that I have purchased?
I have buy more of this and every times is 1 hour of download....there is a mode for don't make this thing?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Update Auria and Download every times IR purchase!

Post by Rim » Tue May 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Updating Auria should not cause this. But if you delete Auria from your iPad, then restore from a backup, you could have this issue. Also, if you install Auria on a different iPad, you could have this problem.

Rim

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Wed May 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Rim wrote:Updating Auria should not cause this. But if you delete Auria from your iPad, then restore from a backup, you could have this issue. Also, if you install Auria on a different iPad, you could have this problem.

Rim
Adding on to this thread...is there anything to safeguard the above scenario? I am upgrading to iPad 4,
so i will be resynching to the backed up data from my current iPad, is there something special i need to do before this
so i dont have a broken Auria?

thanx

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Unfortunately, this is due to the fact that Apple won't allow apps to back up data that's not user-generated. The IR files are not user generated (they are installed as part of the install process), so they aren't backed up. The result is that if you restore from a backup onto a new ipad, the IR files will be missing. The only solution is to first purchase Auria from the app store on your new iPad (you won't get charged). Then, restore from the backup.

Rim

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Wed May 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Rim wrote:Unfortunately, this is due to the fact that Apple won't allow apps to back up data that's not user-generated. The IR files are not user generated (they are installed as part of the install process), so they aren't backed up. The result is that if you restore from a backup onto a new ipad, the IR files will be missing. The only solution is to first purchase Auria from the app store on your new iPad (you won't get charged). Then, restore from the backup.

Rim
Ah, i see what you mean.

So theoretically, if i have not loaded any new IR files (ever) i dont have to worry about this?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Actually, it's the opposite ;) Any IRs you purchase (or add yourself) are backed up, because Apple considers these "user generated" (something that was loaded onto the iPad as a result of a user action). Since the built-in IRs are installed by Auria itself, they are not considered user generated content, so they are not backed up.

Rim

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 pm

oh wow...glad i asked!

So sorry to pester you all about this but additional question, wanna make sure i had your instructions correct:

1.back up sessions with iTunes Device backup (and filesharing to be safe)
2.sync new ipad, restore apps, data etc.
3.DELETE AURIA from iPad
5.'Repurchase'/restore Auria and install
4.rejoice becuase then everything works perfectly
5.send champagne to Rim and crew

this correct or i am missing something?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Yep, that's all correct and for #5, I like Veuve Clicquot ;)

Rim

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Thu May 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Rim wrote:Yep, that's all correct and for #5, I like Veuve Clicquot ;)

Rim
nice! Whelp, soon as i drop this EP where all the drums were recorded in Auria
i will be making bank so i'll get u a case ;)

Philmius

Post by Philmius » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:25 am

Resurrecting that thread: I upgraded to a new iPad and the stock IR are missing. Not that much of a problem since I got some new ones from the sweet IAP sale, big thanks btw!

Do I have to really go through the store or a simple uninstall and install from iTunes would do the trick? There is a copy of the latest version of the app on my Mac, isn't it?

Photo_G
Expert

Post by Photo_G » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi Philmius,

Did you try a "Restore Purchases" from the Auria store?

G

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:13 pm

In order to get the stock IRs back, you need to do a reinstall of Auria. A Cloud backup won't bring these back (due to Apple's storage policy). So delete Auria completely, then reinstall it to get the stock IRs.

Rim

Philmius

Post by Philmius » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:21 pm

OK thanks.

And while I'm at it, can I simply back up my purchased IR files and drag them back to the IR folder through an app like iFunbox (I actually use DiskAid) or everytime I press restore purchases, it will download the files again?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Yes, IR files are just wav files, so you can easily back them up yourself and copy them back using iFunbox. But the Restore Purchases function doesn't detect that they're already there. It will still attempt to restore them.

Rim

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:09 pm

I recently upgraded to an iPad 4, then restored from a backup (iPad 2)...still on iOS 6.1.3. How do I go about retrieving the "built-in" IR files? Restore Purchases yielded nothing. Only the third-party IRs are available in the Auria Store.

BTW, thanks so much for the ½-price sale...much appreciated! :-)

Best regards,

Mike

P.S. Just saw a reply instructing to reinstall Auria to get the IR files back. Will I need to back up all my projects and data first?

P.P.S. Aaahhh...came up with a gr8 idea...copy the IR files from the iPad 2 to iTunes (or iFunBox), then copy 'em to the iPad 4. Should work fine, methinks.... :wink: