How do I 'get at' stems?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dominicperry
Expert

How do I 'get at' stems?

Post by dominicperry » Tue May 07, 2013 6:53 am

Having made a folder of stems for export to another DAW, how do I get these off the iPad?
I can't email them, can't use DropBox, it looks like I can only use iTunes. Is that correct?

I'm still trying to find a way of using Auria without hooking it up to my computer.
And it's important that I can deliver files, often the whole project or all stems, to another DAW in a studio which I turn up in, which may not be mine and where I can't link up to iTunes. Is there any chance of including a web-server (as many other apps do, including MultitrackDAW) so that another device can just generically log into my iPad with their browser and download the files across Wifi? It would be so much easier than DropBox, emails or iTunes.

Thanks

Dominic

syrupcore
Expert

Re: How do I 'get at' stems?

Post by syrupcore » Fri May 10, 2013 11:48 am

Wont work wirelessly but you can use a free desktop app called "iFunBox" to get directly at the files on our iPad, including Auria's.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri May 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Stem are really the only thing that's not accessible using DropBox. I'll most likely add support for that in a future update. In the mean time, the only way to access stems is using a computer, and a free program like iFunBox (or iTunes).

WiFi drive (and file access) support is on my list for sure.

Rim

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Fri May 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Great, both good solutions, thanks.
Both part of being able to use Auria on the move without access to your own computer, but interfacing with other people and studios.

Dominic

scharamella
Expert

Post by scharamella » Fri May 10, 2013 9:30 pm

syrupcore wrote:Wont work wirelessly but you can use a free desktop app called "iFunBox" to get directly at the files on our iPad, including Auria's.
Do you mean box ??? I can't find anything called iFunBox

taa
jim

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Sat May 11, 2013 5:08 am

shambolic

Post by shambolic » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Not having a Dropbox option with stems is rather illogical. If I create stems they are to go into another DAW but I can't get them where they need to go without third party software. It would make life much easier if it was an included option in Auria.

miguelmarcos
Expert

Post by miguelmarcos » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:21 pm

Superb!

> WiFi drive (and file access) support is on my list for sure

leem
Expert

Post by leem » Tue May 31, 2016 9:02 pm

+1
Please add this. This is a big part of our workflow, for individuals to export their tracks to dropbox so they can be imported to the master version of the project on other ipads