Auria vs Cubasis

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

thescruffy1

Auria vs Cubasis

Post by thescruffy1 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:01 am

hi, im new to this forum, i have been using cubasis the last few months, and have to say when it works i like it, but i have constant trouble with it, it constantly crashes, corrupts and loses files and is generally very unreliable. i am considering purchasing auria, but am reluctant to fork out another 50 bux on an app. without trying it. what are peoples general thoughts on it? is it reliable? how intuitive is the interface? what are its limitations? how much do e plug ins cost? i generally record audio but having a midi option is always a bonus.

any help advice much appreciated.

Tarekith
Expert

Re: Auria vs Cubasis

Post by Tarekith » Mon May 06, 2013 8:51 am

For me Auria has been very stable except when I use it with Audiobus, in which case I've had quite a few crashes. Sometimes removing a source app like Animoog will crash Auria, or even accidentally unplugging my headphones from the iPad. Seems to be more of an Audiobus issue than Auria though, overall Audiobus is pretty crashy for me no matter what apps I use.

I find Auria extremely intuitive, only cracked the manual at first just to clarify some things like Consolidate Regions. The forum users here are super friendly though, and with the developer chiming in often, pretty easy to get help if you need it.

Limitations? With more than about 4 tracks Auria was pretty laggy on my iPad3, navigating was a little slow sometimes. Upgraded to an Ipad4 and everything is MUCH smoother though. No MIDI track either, but I rarely use MIDI so that's less an issue for me than some others here.

Plug in prices range from $5-$40 I think, though the built in effects are made by PSP, so I really haven't felt I needed the other plug ins (yet).

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon May 06, 2013 3:31 pm

IMO and I own both. Cubasis is an entry level recording app with very basic midi and very bad midi sounds so the midi is useless and the audio recording less than most cheaper ones. Auria is a high grade pro daw that actually teaches you real world recording techniques because you get access to real pro plugins that engineers use daily to mix and master artists.
So I think the price to enter a pro daw with pro sound and pro results being just $50 is amazing. You can also buy Auria Le for half price. If your at all serious about your music then get Auria. If your just playing around then any daw will do and guess Cubasis is like any simple daw. There is a reason why Auria's name keeps popping up in the Cubasis forum. Most have jumped ship and come over to Auria where they get real answers, no bs, and really cool features and plugins that come at you in lightning speed. These developers are not messing around. They have a vision and it's a huge one. Their almost there and midi is the bridge that is coming. But not just any midi. Auria will be talked about for many months after it's midi release because it will be a midi intergration like the one's you see in pro daws. You will be able to control all of Auria via midi cc and more. Not to mention that the midi synths and drums offered will be from high end developers who develop already for the desktop world and not likely any synth app already on the app store. Unique is an understatement when describing Auria. I wouldn't miss a minute of what is coming down the line for Auria. Cheers and hope this helps.

thescruffy1

Post by thescruffy1 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:18 pm

thanks guys, ive dove in and bought auria. Is it possible to take a project i created in cubasis and open it in auria? id like to attempt to remaster a few tracks and mess around with them a bit just to get a feel for auria.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon May 06, 2013 7:29 pm

thescruffy1 wrote:thanks guys, ive dove in and bought auria. Is it possible to take a project i created in cubasis and open it in auria? id like to attempt to remaster a few tracks and mess around with them a bit just to get a feel for auria.
Sure just mixdown the seperate tracks (Cubasis has the option to do it all at once) then simply audiocopy each track into Auria by using the paste audio from the edit window in Auria. Cheers. Welcome to the forum. Post your cool tracks in the Auria Artists page and enjoy the coolest app ever.