Experiencing some latency with Jam

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ericd921
Expert

Experiencing some latency with Jam

Post by Ericd921 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:24 am

Hey everybody,
I'm experiencing some latency with Apogee Jam. Here's my setup:

(Daisy Chain) Apogee Jam-->iPad 2 (JamUp, GarageBand)-->line out-->Apogee Jam-->iPad 4 (Auria)
or
Apogee Jam-->iPad 4 (Auria)

Either way, I'm getting about the same latency. Has anybody experienced this, and are there any workarounds? I did a latency test and adjusted for it, but the timing is still off. It's been challenging for my keyboard player to lay down tracks with the delay between his hits and the audio, or in JamUp with a guitar. Any help is appreciated!

I'm doing some amazing things with Auria, and hopefully I can sort out these sound issues and get things running tip-top. Cheers!
Eric

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Experiencing some latency with Jam

Post by Rim » Sat May 04, 2013 5:58 am

I would imagine you'd get some latency when using your two iPad setup, but in your second example, just going from a Jam into Auria shouldn't be causing any latency. Are you also running Audiobus? This can add some latency (usually under 1000 samples).

Rim

Ericd921
Expert

Post by Ericd921 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi Rim,
No, I haven't been using Audiobus. Quick question though...does the record latency adjustment actually adjust in real time during recording, or does it just compensate for the lag and plug in the track after recording?

Any other suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks so much for your help and input!
Eric

Ericd921
Expert

Post by Ericd921 » Sun May 05, 2013 4:46 am

Hey Rim,
I think I may have solved the problem! I didn't realize that the record latency adjustment actually adjusts the record playback in real time, and I had it set all wrong. I thought it corrected for the latency after the recording was done. I was able to calibrate it correctly for each setup and now I get no noticeable latency! Of course, it helps to put a negative sign in front of the sample value!!! :roll:

Rim, you and your team have created Auria to be almost too good at what it does, so much so that it seems like anytime I have a technical issue in Auria, it's my fault and not Auria. What can I say? I just keep being blown away by this program...you guys thought of everything!!! Keep up the amazing work, and I'll keep turning folks onto Auria. And I'm sure I'll be back again at some point with another conundrum :lol:
Eric

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun May 05, 2013 7:16 am

I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

Rim