"Jack" possibility ???

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

scharamella
Expert

"Jack" possibility ???

Post by scharamella » Wed May 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi Rim,
Any chance Auria could talk to other apps via this VERY new App please ??
It seems to be more flexible than audiobus as it adds MIDI patching :D

Hanging for the MIDI implementation too....

thanks
jim

gjcyrus
Expert

Re: "Jack" possibility ???

Post by gjcyrus » Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 am

Plus one from me as well.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 am

It's a possibility down the road for sure.

Rim

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Sun May 05, 2013 11:44 pm

Looks very useful indeed.

xine44
Expert

Post by xine44 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:10 pm

+1 audiobus becomes a real pain to use, too too too buggy :/

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Mon May 06, 2013 4:14 pm

xine44 wrote:+1 audiobus becomes a real pain to use, too too too buggy :/
eh,what?
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

xine44
Expert

Post by xine44 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:38 pm

I said that audiobus is now really too buggy, so jack could be a real alternative. It's painful using audiobus, crash over crash, over crash, restarting applications all the time, so yes i said it's over for me !

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Tue May 07, 2013 8:40 pm

mmh,sorry to hear that.A lot of people (including me)are not gonna have such problems and:what makes you think it would be better with Audiojack?There are simply quite none (recording)apps to compare the situation right now :wink:

Without having Midi Audiojack is quite useless in Auria IMO...

Tip:if you use Audiobus with other apps make sure everything is closed in the background to avoid Ram problems and (even more important)don't use anything Audiobus related together with a jailbroken device.

xine44
Expert

Post by xine44 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi,
No jb device, ipad4, and a lot of probs for basic actions like switching btw apps. I'm using jack in win seven, and audio routing is simple (traktor in machine i.e.), efficient and stable, just what i need with such apps.
I have move from native instrument/pc when i have see auria and audiobus. I'm patient but i think it was a little too early to do that !
AURIA is Not faulty, so, a great app, rim ;)

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Wed May 08, 2013 9:25 am

i second this, audio bus a pain in the ass to use. too much setting up and to have some apps crash and having to set up again is yet another pain. i always prefer Audio copy/paste over audiobus cause its FASTER and EASIER. the best way to benefit from audiobus is that ALL apps must have clock sync/midi in and out. thats just my and MANY other ppl's opinion really. some ppl i know love audio bus, some hate it. thats the good thing about options :mrgreen:

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Wed May 08, 2013 1:40 pm

I don't experience any of this problems and i can setup audiobus and the midi connection in lightspeed.But maybe it's because i'm currently using audiobus only with cubasis (at least until Auria get Midi),it has the best Audiobus integration out there.It pretty much sets itself up :)

Regarding Audiocopy:please try to audiocopy/paste with Beatmaker and tell me it's faster than using audiobus :wink:

Btw,maybe the audiobus developer is working on a combined audio/midi solution as well.He's has given some hints a while ago...

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Wed May 08, 2013 8:51 pm

I don't use Beatmaker bcuz I think nanostudio is better. For me anyways. Beatmaker had many bugs (lately especially) and lacks a synth like Eden on nano.i use audio copy n paste from iKaossilator, figure, etc into nano, then into auria for mastering. Trust me its faster. I just copy up to twelve audio stems into the pasteboard and just paste them one by one into auria. Super fast. No set ups, no worries of crashing, and best of all, to ram hogging lol. What I'm interested in tho is to see if audiobus will ever get midi support. I hear there might be device to device support. Either way I have ab installed on my ipad but it's collecting digital dust (artifacts?) since I NEVER use it lol. I might have u for it in the future tho. Cubasis caught my eye, u LOVE LOVE LOVE the ui but it's inferior to auria for mastering. I wish auria had a ui like cubasis, colorful and modern looking, but I think it purposely has the retro look :p

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Wed May 08, 2013 11:18 pm

As cool as I think Audiobus is, and how it's really changed the way I look at iOS music making, I definitely have issues with it not being very stable. Some apps are worse than other hosted in Audiobus, but in general I find I have to close it and restart it a little more often than I'd like for something I use to make music.