Drumagog (Auria version) additional info sources?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Drumagog (Auria version) additional info sources?

Post by ZenLizard » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:31 pm

I have searched every which way I could think of for additional info on the drumagog plugin for Auria. Here, On the main Drumagog forum, at Lynda.com, and elsewhere. I can't find the answers I need. Can anyone direct me to a source for drumagog (in Auria) information besides the Auria guide and Lynda.com? I have questions that aren't covered in the guide, and I don't even know where to ask them. Should I ask them here? Should I ask on the Drumagog 5 forum?
— Can you hum a few bars? —

vezinho
Expert

Re: Drumagog (Auria version) additional info sources?

Post by vezinho » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:25 am

Hello !
Welcome to the forum!
Depends on your questions, there's already a few posts here about drumagog in Auria, maybe you'll find answers, but I guess you could ask here, for the benefit of the community.

Amicalement
Hervé

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:32 am

Hi zenlizard,

One of the main reasons I bought Auria was because of DrumAGog so if you find another good resource, please share here as well.

I've just focused on reading the Auria manual and also the DrumAGog manual and figuring out which parts are relevant to Auria version and which ones are not.

One big difference if im not mistaken is that you cant upload your own samples/create your own Gog unless you have desktop version. So if you have that Lil Jon/Dr Dre kick that you wanna use, cant do it with Auria version.

Are there some specific questions you had?

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:46 am

Hi,

I haven't watched these yet, but maybe these can help -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MJj1sHVlh-4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WQVSfa1h2sg

I'm interested to learn more about Drumagog too..

All the best <3

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:11 am

Import of gog files was one question I had, so thank you for that answer. The obvious next question is: will Wavemachine Labs make more gog files available through the Auria store at some point?

I also wanted to know if drumagog handles stereo files differently than mono. I ask because I loaded up some tracks that were exported from DM1 as a test, and some options don't respond when I try to select them – like random samples or left/right hand. (I am going to load a set of mono tracks up later today, so I may end up answering this one myself)

Can the Auria version rearrange samples in a gog file, so that it selects samples in a different order/priority?

Is there a way to pick which samples in a gog file are able to trigger? In other words, if a gog file contains 10 samples, can I set it so that only 6 of them get triggered, because the other four don't really sound right with certain material?

I've never used drumagog before, nor have I used any kind of drum replacement software, so I am probably going to have a lot more questions before I really get the hang of it. As bad as parts of my drummer's kit sound, I wish I'd known about drumagog years ago. It would have saved me a lot of headaches.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:16 am

Drumagog works the same way as other plugins in Auria is respect to mono/stereo. If you use the stereo version of the plugin, it processes both L and R channels, but if you use the mono version, it will only process the mono input. mono to stereo will take a mono input and output stereo (if you're using a stereo gog or wav file).

Drumagog Auria edition doesn't allow you to rearrange samples within a gog file, but you can mute and solo individual samples within the gog by pressing the mute button inside Drumagog.

Random / dynamic / positional multisamples will only work if you have gog files which take advantage of them.

We do have several additional gog file libraries available in the regular drumagog website: www.drumagog.com Any library made for the full version works great in the Auria version as well.

Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 am

Just to avoid confusion... My question about stereo files was about seperate tracks: stereo kick, stereo snare, etc. Not one stereo file of all the drums together.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 am

Sure, I assumed that's what you meant.

Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:28 am

Rim

That was fast. I was in the process of typing a clarification on stereo files and you were already answering my questions. Thank you.

If I mute a sample or two, will drumagog Auria just pick another sample to trigger? I thought muting a sample would result in silence whenever drumagog "decided" to play that particular sample.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:10 am

Muting a sample will meant that Drumagog will not pick that particular sample (it'll pick a different one instead). Soloing a sample (or a number of samples) will mean Drumagog will only pick those.

Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Rim wrote:...We do have several additional gog file libraries available in the regular drumagog website: http://www.drumagog.com Any library made for the full version works great in the Auria version as well.
What is the method for getting the gog libraries into Drumagog Auria? Do I have to do it through iTunes? I ask this because iTunes has never run well for me – very buggy and unreliable, so I try to avoid ever syncing unless there is no other choice.

Thank you very much for clearing everything up for me. Between Drumagog and a taste of FabFilter's Saturn, I've got the best sounding drum mix I've ever done, in half the time! I will definitely be purchasing the desktop version as soon as I can.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:18 pm

You don't need to use iTunes. I suggest a free program called iFunBox. It allows you to access the entire iPad's file system to copy files back and forth.

Rim