Interface mic connection problem

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DaRealestEver

Interface mic connection problem

Post by DaRealestEver » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 am

ok here is my problem. I have a m audio mobile pre interface and a audio technica 2020 studio condenser mic. I also have a powered usb hub. Everything works fine, it has great sound and everything, but sometimes when i connect everything and arm a track i get no sound from the mic. I would have to restart auria a few times to get it to work. Sometimes i even have to open up garageband first so that the mic can work in auria. I don't know if that what actually makes it work but ive tried that and sometimes it works. Is there a certain order to hook things up to get everything working properly? Like do i plug everything up and then turn on the ipad? Do i power the ipad on and then connect my interface? It's really a pain in the butt. When it works i don't have any problems at all. oh and im using the official apple camera connection kit.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Interface mic connection problem

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:28 am

You shouldn't need to do that. It sounds like there may be some issue with the type of hub you're using, or the hub itself. Also, maybe the cables, connectors, etc. Auria has an indicator at the top of the screen which switches from INT to USB when you connect a USB device. If this doesn't say USB, then most likely it's an issue with the hub or cables. If it does say USB, and you still don't get any sound, I would suspect the interface or the mic.

Rim

DaRealestEver

Re: Interface mic connection problem

Post by DaRealestEver » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Ok thanks I will check it when I get home