Cubase PC Workflow

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

chrisegg

Cubase PC Workflow

Post by chrisegg » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi
This could be a great program if someone could explain how i am meant to get my auria projects into cubase on a PC intact.

Cubase does not support AAF, THEREFORE SEEMS TO ME THIS PROGRAMME IS USELESS FOR PC USERS.

i feel like i have wasted my money.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Cubase PC Workflow

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Not all DAWs support AAF. The list of major DAWs that support it are: Nuendo, Logic, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, and Sonar. Cubase is not one of them.

You don't need AAF to move your audio back and forth between DAWs, though. You can simply copy your WAV or AIFF files into Auria.

Rim

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Rim wrote:Not all DAWs support AAF. The list of major DAWs that support it are: Nuendo, Logic, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, and Sonar. Cubase is not one of them.

You don't need AAF to move your audio back and forth between DAWs, though. You can simply copy your WAV or AIFF files into Auria.

Rim
Ditto.

.wav or .aiff in Auria--->Dropbox

Dropbox---> PC or Mac

Then load new audio project in Cubase. It works for .mp3's too.

I have Cubase 5.0, but because of Auria - I don't need it anymore. Never use it now.
But I have loaded Auria audio projects into it in the way described above.

chrisegg

Post by chrisegg » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:13 pm

So how exactly do i export my wav files from auria to cubase and keep them in the correct location on the track?

Anyone got a step by step workflow?

I can only see export as aaf

Cheers for all responses so far, appreciate your help

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:18 pm

No problem, glad to help. The easiest way is to start all your recordings at 0, and don't make any edits ;) But if that's not possible, then you can use the "mixdown to stems" option. In the mixdown box, set the file type to Stems, then perform a mixdown. This will create a folder with all your tracks bounced down as single, continuous wav files, including all effects on the tracks. Then, just import these into Cubase.

Rim

Bartob

Post by Bartob » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi, I am doing that but I like to upload projects or aaf to Dropbox. Although I have a fast Internet connection the upload process is taking so long... I understand syncing audio (specially if you did editing) seems complicate, but it would be nice if you could implement a "region export" feature, so depending on the type of project one could update his Dropbox folder and continue to work from the PC without having to upload the whole thing again, or to connect the device to the computer...

Thanks!

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 am

chrisegg wrote:So how exactly do i export my wav files from auria to cubase and keep them in the correct location on the track?

Anyone got a step by step workflow?

I can only see export as aaf

Cheers for all responses so far, appreciate your help
Easy.

1. Go to MENU
2. touch MIXDOWN (unfortunately, this is necessary before uploading, even if you are only exporting a track.)
3. Choose your file type, MP3, wav
4. You'll see 'Upload to Dropbox' there.
5. Aria will mix it & upload it to Dropox automatically.

chrisegg

Post by chrisegg » Sat May 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Thanks for all the responses, all good now :-)