1.09 is out

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

QbAnYtO
Expert

Re: 1.09 is out

Post by QbAnYtO » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:01 pm

man it sucks that projects are gone missing and that i have to create back ups constantly, this is scary.... especially for big important projects, i guess i'll keep saving copies...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Just don't use the Load Recent function, as I talked about in the sticky. If you stay away from this function until the next update, there should be no reason a project should go missing.

Rim

fusionarts
Expert

Post by fusionarts » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:31 pm

QbAnYtO wrote:man it sucks that projects are gone missing and that i have to create back ups constantly, this is scary.... especially for big important projects, i guess i'll keep saving copies...
With all due respect QbAnYtO, if you are doing recording/songwriting for a living you should constantly be backing up your material regardless of what platform you are using. I lost a bunch of stuff after upgrading to 1.06, but it was my fault for not backing up, knowing I had recorded a lot of new stuff, and that there was a possibility that something could get corrupt.

Auria is very new, and so is the IOS platform for that matter. I still see it as experimental, and if I choose to use it for my professional work, I do so at my own risk.

Don't blame Rim, and the rest of his crew for not doing your due diligence.
Last edited by fusionarts on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In cordibus nostris Iesus in aeternum vivat"
“L i v e J e s u s i n o u r h e a r t s, f o r e v e r”
-----------------------------------------------------------
iPad Pro - 128GB - iOS 9.3 - Auria Pro

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm still happy w/1.06.

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:05 pm

fusionarts wrote:
QbAnYtO wrote:man it sucks that projects are gone missing and that i have to create back ups constantly, this is scary.... especially for big important projects, i guess i'll keep saving copies...
With all due respect QbAnYtO, if you are doing recording/songwriting for a living you should constantly be backing up your material regardless of what platform you are using. I lost a bunch of stuff after upgrading to 1.06, but it was my fault for not backup, knowing I had recorded a lot of new stuff, and that there was a possibility that something could get corrupt.

Auria is very new, and so is the IOS platform for that matter. I still see it as experimental, and if I choose to use it for my professional work, I do so at my own risk.

i totally agree i usually make back ups. and I'm NOT blaming rim. did i EVER say "its rims fault"? i didn't even IMPLY it. auria has been flawless for me, i love it. so i guess when issues do occur, its kinda drastic. kinda like when i have issues on my mac.. pc on the other hand is a habit to have issues :p

but yea i always save a back up of my projects. im sure rim will sort this and ANY issue out. this dude is unstoppable lol

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Rim wrote:CEIsar, I didn't change anything in the convolution reverb since probably v1.06. Do you see the default IR files when you open the convolution reverb? For example, "Abbey Plate"? If you don't see these, I recommend deleting Auria, then installing it again (after you back up all your projects!). This will copy the default IR files again.

Rim

When i open one of this songs i just see three dots (...) in the field where i choose the IR files and nothing else.Not possible to select any of the IR files.And the field is empty where you usually see the name of the active preset.All the files are back again after i reload the plugin.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

fusionarts
Expert

Post by fusionarts » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:27 pm

QbAnYtO wrote:
fusionarts wrote:
With all due respect QbAnYtO, if you are doing recording/songwriting for a living you should constantly be backing up your material regardless of what platform you are using. I lost a bunch of stuff after upgrading to 1.06, but it was my fault for not backup, knowing I had recorded a lot of new stuff, and that there was a possibility that something could get corrupt.

i totally agree i usually make back ups. and I'm NOT blaming rim. did i EVER say "its rims fault"? i didn't even IMPLY it. auria has been flawless for me, i love it. so i guess when issues do occur, its kinda drastic. kinda like when i have issues on my mac.. pc on the other hand is a habit to have issues :p

but yea i always save a back up of my projects. im sure rim will sort this and ANY issue out. this dude is unstoppable lol
My bad, I was just having a bad moment in time.
"In cordibus nostris Iesus in aeternum vivat"
“L i v e J e s u s i n o u r h e a r t s, f o r e v e r”
-----------------------------------------------------------
iPad Pro - 128GB - iOS 9.3 - Auria Pro