EroSynth trick/w/ProG/sidechaining

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

EroSynth trick/w/ProG/sidechaining

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Heres the link for my tutorial video on sidechaining As I create the famous EroSynth technique originally from France and adopted into Dance Club music using the Fabfilter ProG. I chose this technique to demonstrate how Auria and her plugins can change your music and even add to it. These synth sound originally were just boring Garageband synths with no life just a stagnant cycle. This trick and a little Convolution Reverb took the track to a much more modern and airy sound. I put it out there For those who asked. Cheers. More tutorials coming on mastering and other topics. If there is a specific video on Auria and available plugins then just let me know. They are all free on YouTube and just helpful. I'm already working on a mastering series for a forum user and those should be ready soon. Cheers and hope this helps.
~~_/)~~~
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WFhOCgaIRhY
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shay
Expert

Re: My Sidechaining ProG Video is Now online

Post by Shay » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Great tutorial.
Very focused and educational.

Waiting for 1.08 and your tutorial on Pro-C.

Thank you

Shay.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: My Sidechaining ProG Video is Now online

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Shay wrote:Great tutorial.
Very focused and educational.

Waiting for 1.08 and your tutorial on Pro-C.

Thank you

Shay.
Thanks I'll do that one too. cheers Shay

RobB
Expert

Re: EroSynth trick/w/ProG/sidechaining

Post by RobB » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:13 am

Just wanted to add a thank you to Anthony for this and the vids to come. I'm not new to recording but am new to these plug ins and the various techniques with them. I'm sure many others will benefit from these. Thanks.

Rob
iPad Air / 128 | iOS 7.1 | Apogee Duet | Auria 1.14 | Cubasis 1.7.2
Learning to play drums

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 am

Thanks man I appreciated it. Will u ever do retune tutorials?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:58 am

QbAnYtO wrote:Thanks man I appreciated it. Will u ever do retune tutorials?
Sure I will try to get that one in too. Cheers and thanks for the great comment.
~~_/)~~~

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 am

RobB wrote:Just wanted to add a thank you to Anthony for this and the vids to come. I'm not new to recording but am new to these plug ins and the various techniques with them. I'm sure many others will benefit from these. Thanks.

Rob
Thanks Rob.
Cheers~~_/)~~~

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi,

I played with ProC and created a TranceGate effect on a pad sound.
I noticed that ProC gave the sound a pumping effect, which I think ProG didn't or at least ProG gave much sharper cuts.
I also understand that more FabFilter plugins can provide this effect by modulating the filter or output to cut the sound as needed (volcano, Saturn etc...)

Does each of them provide its unique Aroma or do they all can produce the same TG effect?

I didn't buy ProG yet, will it give a better/more common TG effect? (I know there is no simple answer since it involves "what's sound good to you..." but I will appreciate a general idea)

Thanks a lot.
Shay

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi Shay, your right typically most of the online tutorials about this subject use a compressor to create this TranceGate effect. Like you said this can also be done on several plugins and all of them are unique simply because the plugin is designed to do different processing so the end result is different but similar. Volcano and Saturn do this as well but add an additional effect such as saturation or modulation at the same time. I think with just the ProC you should be able to create most of the trancegate sounds that are out there today. What makes some of the more popular trance effects are the ones that get layered with delays and spacial reverbs and filters. The combination of all these processes help give the transgate effect it's character. So experiment with using different plugins as well as the ProC. Cheers and hope this helps.

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:21 pm

Thank you very much Anthony.
I appreciate your help.
I think I'll be able to produce the sounds I want more wisely, since now I understand how it works.

I hope you will win the contest since you are very gifted. Both in knowledge and action (your productions are very good).

Best regards,
Shay

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Cheers @Anthony. Very well done.