Pitch shift or key change anybody?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Pitch shift or key change anybody?

Post by GreyMediumMild » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:31 am

Hey there! So I have a guitar riff that I'm attempting to pitch shift/change key on. Lets say I played it in A and wanted to do a pitch shift to G and then D. I've tried retune, but I can't make heads or tails of it, and it always seems to degrade the input source ( either with odd hissing and higher frequency gibberish or some mono/low quality mush).

Do you guys know of any other plug-in that could handle this a bit more elegantly or if there's a better/easier way?? Any help is appreciated.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Pitch shift or key change anybody?

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:57 am

ReTune will only work for vocals. There will be a pitch process in a future version, but for now, there's no solution for general pitch shifting in Auria.

Rim

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:36 am

+ 1 for this feature as well. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but was going to rely on Retune for this. if it only works for vocals, means I gotta use a bunch of other apps to do this which adds to workflow. This is one of main reasons why Ableton is still important to my workflow but if Auria can implement it, I slowly see more Ableton users converting to Auria ipad for serious music making.

@greymediummild - try anytune app with audiobus into auria. or you can copy and paste your track into djay app and pitch it from there, record it thru audiobus into auria but if the CPU maxes out, record it into audioshare or other audiobus out app, copy it from there and paste into auria. It's a pain but I haven't thought of any other workaround.

Oh just thought of one more, vokey is another audiobus app where you can copy and paste in a sample, choose time stretch, then just play the keyboard note that is in the right key of your guitar part. However, if sound quality is important, anytune uses Dirac technology which is the same technology that auria uses for its time stretch feature.

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Post by GreyMediumMild » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:38 am

Ah, gotcha Rim. Yeah, that feature would be the cat's pajamas! Any chance for it to be a 1.09 addition or is it a pain to implement?

Thanks gjcyrus. Anytune sounds pretty awesome - and also looks like like a pretty deep app. Lets check it out!

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:12 pm

I think Hokusai might have Dirac as well. Might have to revisit that app since I'm in the same boat as you.