missing a quick and easy way to cut loops

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

stl

missing a quick and easy way to cut loops

Post by stl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Because this is my first post to this forum first thing i've to say is thanks for this fantastic app (besides Samplr Auria was the strongest argument for me buying an iPad…).

But i also would like to make a suggestion for the editing section of Auria:

What i'm missing is an elegant solution for cutting loops (and using them in other apps via audiocopy). My workflow so far is using the Locators for the loop start / end. This works quite nicely because i'm able to move the locators while Auria is playing and changing the locator positions is reflected immediately by the app. This makes it easy to find appropriate loop points by ear without stopping Auria. The problem is that as far as i understand it it's not possible to use the locators as split points to separate the region. The only possibility is to mixdown the looped section (including the need to eventually bypass the plugins on this track if you want to re-import the new file to the same track).
A more elegant solution could be an option in one of the menus called something like "play selection only" (if i remember right in Pro Tools there's something like "link timeline and edit selection"). The workflow could be exactly the same as working with the locators but now you're able to use the regular Separate command from the Edit menu.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: missing a quick and easy way to cut loops

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Having a "Highlight locator range" option is already on my list. I agree this is a good option for that type of workflow.

Rim

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Being able to toggle "link timeline and edit selection" is one of those things that is hard to live without once you've sipped it's intoxicating effects.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat May 11, 2013 6:14 am

I've added something similar to 1.10.

Rim