Duplicate a Track

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

hashachar

Duplicate a Track

Post by hashachar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 am

Hi,
I'm new to Auria and want to say that this forum is a great help...
I wonder if it is possible to duplicate a track in Auria and to preserve the track settings (automations, record level, effects, etc.)?

This could be very useful for me because very often I want to set a sound for my guitar (plugged via Apogee Duet) and to record many tracks with the same sound (compression, reverb, etc.).

Thanks,

ajmack302
Expert

Re: Duplicate a Track

Post by ajmack302 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:49 am

Hi there,

Instead of 'duplicating a track' it sounds more as though you need to create a preset in whichever plug-ins you are using and then apply this to each track as necessary.

Aaron

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:27 am

Right, there's no global "preset" for everything, but as Aaron suggested, you could save a preset for your most commonly used plugins and the channelstrip, for example.

Rim

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:31 am

Hashachar,

How about creating a template? Take one of your projects that has multiple tracks with guitar, processed as you like. Now just delete the unneeded (non-guitar) tracks and then finally, delete the audio in the remaining guitar tracks. Now save the guitar-only project and use it as a template. Just load it up, select a track (that already has the settings/effects on it) and record your guitar.

Cheers,

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Perhaps having the channel preset list have the option of saving the channel strip plus all the plugins loaded into the fx slots would be useful here. Kind of like a super preset. That way it would be very swift to bring back complex fx chains in a flash.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:50 pm

mtingle wrote:Perhaps having the channel preset list have the option of saving the channel strip plus all the plugins loaded into the fx slots would be useful here. Kind of like a super preset. That way it would be very swift to bring back complex fx chains in a flash.
There's been a few times this would have been handy , I wonder if something like this is possible in the future

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Yes, believe it or not, that was my original vision for the preset box in the channelstrip, but I decided against it because I thought it would be too confusing. If I can find a good way to do it, maybe I'll add it at some point.

Rim

hashachar

Post by hashachar » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:29 am

Thanks for the replys.
I certainly gonna use the presets, though I agree with mtingle that global prestes would be much more efficient.

firehosed
Expert

Post by firehosed » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:41 am

Is there a way to just duplicate the entire track, plugins and all?