Sound Issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

csy5fr

Sound Issues

Post by csy5fr » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:31 am

Hi all.

I'm using Auria with the Focusrite Solo.
three questions:

1. Using Jamup and plugged the headhones in the Focusrite I hear always the dry sound combined with the sound with effect. For having a normal recording level, I have to decrease the volume of the wet sound that far, that I hardly can hear the wet sound. The dry sound is louder and I can't find an way to cut or adjust it, so that I hear just the sound with the effect which I want to record.

2. I have a POD X3 Live which has good sounds. But when I go from the POD outputs to the Focusrite the sound I hear is more than bad. Absolutely fizzy, without bass and headroom and totally different to the sound I hear over the headphones directly from the POD. I tried it with the different POD Outputs, it's alwas bad, there is a sort of distortion added like an overdriven input channel and its absolutely independend from the volume I adjust at the POD.

3. Is it possible to record directly from a Line 6 (or any other) modelling device(s) into Auria without using the Focusrite using the POD-device as USB-interface.

Thank you very much

Christian

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Sound Issues

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:42 am

1. It looks like you've got some direct monitoring turned up inside the focusrite. This can only be turned down or disabled by using the focusrite control panel software which runs on a PC/Mac. Once you do this, save it to the interface, and disconnect it from your PC/Mac.

2. This sounds like a level mismatch to me. Make sure you turn the volume of the Pod up and the gain on the focusrite down, until your levels are ok. You shouldn't see any peak indicators (that's an indication that you're overdriving the interface).

3. If your Line 6 or other modeling interface has a USB jack, and emulates an audio interface, it's possible it'll work directly into the iPad (using a camera connection kit).

Rim

csy5fr

Post by csy5fr » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:24 am

1. Thanks - that works
2. No change. The input control at the Focusrite is near zero and the tone is still that bad
3. The POD X3 live I'm using is not recognized - maybe it's too old. Is the HD500 recognized?

Thanks

cs

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:27 am

2. Not sure what else to suggest on that. Maybe someone else has suggestions.

3. We haven't tried the HD500 ourselves. Maybe post on the interfaces subforum to see if someones else has tried it.

Rim