Can't find JamUp

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

csy5fr

Can't find JamUp

Post by csy5fr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:04 am

Hi,

I recently bought the jamUp App for Auria. But: I can't find/activate it within Auria. There is also no Icon in my IPad. Any Ideas?

Thx Christian

ChrisG
Expert

Re: Can't find JamUp

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:11 am

If you bought it inside Auria you should find it in the popup menu in the FX/channels trips, where the rest of the insert-effects are (the reverbs, delay, chorus etc). If you bought JamUp in the AppStore, that's a stand-alone app, not an Auria plugin (although you could make use of it with Audiobus into Auria in that case).

csy5fr

Post by csy5fr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:40 am

Ok, got it.
I have to admit, I'm quite New to Auria. How can I actually hear the effects? I see the effects, can make adjustments, but I hear always the clean Guitar Sound, how to get the Effect in the signal chain. Sorry for the stupid questions, can't find a hint in the manual.

Thanks in advance

Christian

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:39 am

I don't know if it works any differently if you're recording live into Auria or not. But load up JamUp in one of the four available effects slots on the track your audio is on, by just clicking on any of em to get the popup menu with the insert effects. If you're not hearing any difference, the effect chain inside JamUp is probably clean (JamUp doesn't come with presets). So open up JamUp and drag some amps/effects onto the effect chain and you should definitely hear it. I think the Auria manual have a section at the end for JamUp.

csy5fr

Post by csy5fr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:47 am

I guess my problem is more basically. I didn't make it to hear any effects, also the built-in chorus or delay. I didn't manage it to tell auria to put an effect over the audio on a track. I hear the guitar and I can record it, but In no case I hear any effect on it. How can I assign any effects to the currently active track?

Thx cs

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Are you sure you don't have either the Channel Strip or the JamUp effect on Bypass?

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Open this window by pressing the "FX" button on the track your audio is on. On the right side you see 4 empty strips for insert effects, press on one of them and then press/choose the effect you want. And make sure it's not bypassed (the "in" button next to the field should be yellow-ish when the effect is ON and grey when it is bypassed).

csy5fr

Post by csy5fr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Ok - got it.

Two more questions:

- While using Jamup I always have the clean sound which comes from the USB Interface within the signal, when I try to get a decent recording level, the dry signal is louder then the wet signal (recorded is just the wet signal). I can't find a way to cut it.

- are there any sound-libraries for jamup?? What I get iut of it sounds very fizzy...

Thanx

Christian