Lost song

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BlackBox
Expert

Lost song

Post by BlackBox » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:32 pm

I have never had a problem with Auria since I bought it in it's beginnings. I had a song that I have been working on and slaving over and have not worked on it for a couple weeks. The other day I opened it up in Auria and had a listen to it and closed out and went on with myself. Just a few minutes ago I open up the app to work on it some more and it is gone! The file name in the load project is there but it's not on the actual song. All data is gone and looks like a fresh start! Why has this happened!?

BlackBox
Expert

Re: Lost song

Post by BlackBox » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Ok what is even weirder is that now I am importing the tracks back in because some were recorded on a Boss BR 1200 and some were done on studio one. I did not record any tracks straight into Auria and I am importing them via iTunes file sharing and they are saying there is a file that exists with the names of the tracks but they aren't showing up in the Auria documents.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:16 am

Try using ifunbox or iexplorer to look at the files in auria directly. You can then see what us there and what is missing.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:36 am

It's possible your project got corrupted somehow. Did you make any snapshots? If so, try loading the snapshots, as these contain a backup of your project at a certain time.

Otherwise, you can create a new project, then use the Import Audio to import the audio files from the other project.

Rim

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 am

No I didn't Rim. The only thing I can think of and what I did in between the time it worked and and when it disappeared is I tried using Auria in Audiobus. I don't usually use Auria with Audiobus because I have not had very much luck getting it to work right. But when I opened it (Auria) within Audiobus it brought my song up for a split second and then made a new song on its own. But it caused a weird freeze. I don't know if any of that is normal because like I said I don't usually use it like that. I have ipad 2 16GB as well

Deanster

Post by Deanster » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:32 pm

I just had this exact same thing happen. I was playing around with a song, then tried messing with audiobus for the first time, and suddenly my project disappeared. Luckily this was just a test song.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Do you remember what you did last? It would be very strange for a project to just disappear. Have you looked at the folders using iFunBox to see if the project folder is still there?

Rim

Deanster

Post by Deanster » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Never heard of ifunbox. Can't find it in the App Store.

Okay, I see. I'll have to view the files from a desktop computer...

leedgitar

Post by leedgitar » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 pm

This did happen to me once, but only on a project that had a few scratch drum tracks to try out Drumagog. FWIW, the only thing I could think of that may remove things (intentionally or otherwise) was the "auto file cleanup" feature, so I turned it off afterwards just in case that was the culprit. I'll toggle it on and off these days as needed when I know I have backups of my songs; just in case.

Deanster

Post by Deanster » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Yes - my project folder and sound files are all there. Is there a way of getting Auria to find the project again without recreating and importing the files?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:37 pm

If there are any snapshots in the snapshots folder, you can copy one of those into the main project folder (snapshots are the same format as a project file). Just make sure there's only one prj file in the project folder.

Rim