Finally bought Auria, and it works great with ipad 4

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mixolodian

Finally bought Auria, and it works great with ipad 4

Post by mixolodian » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:04 pm

I posted on the forum a while ago saying I thought Auria sounded amazing and was thinking of buying it - and I can finally
Confirm that IT IS AMAZING.

A few months ago I purchased an Ipad 4 and was thinking that it would be great if I could buy one and find a way to record my guitar playing onto it on some sort of audio recording app and ditch my 8 track Boss br 80 recorder.

So I was absolutely blown away when I heard you could record upto 48 tracks on Auria on an ipad, as for some reason I always thought that 8 tracks would be the max on ipad (Garageband).

So I now have Auria and I've only recorded nine tracks on a little song I came up with, and each track is loaded with effects and the CPU is only at 25 percent.
I connect my guitar to an Apogee Jam and then connect that to a Lightning to 30 pin adapter and then play through Jam up Pro which sounds incredible.
I just want to say 'A big thanks' to you guys at Wave Machine Labs for coming up with such a powerful and easy to use app.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Finally bought Auria, and it works great with ipad 4

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Congratulations mixolodian. Welcome to the Auria forum. Here there is help, fun advice, deep topics, passionate artists and most of all Auria Recording Artists, Mixers, Producers from new to seasoned, some may say even old fasioned but whatever the case their here to help. There is an Auria Artist page where you can post links to your Auria recorded or mixed music. Cheers and happy recording.
~~_/)~~~

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:55 pm

i should be getting mine soon :)

mixolodian

Post by mixolodian » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:07 am

Hi Anthony
Thanks for the warm welcome and all of the information
I really appreciate it.
Thanks
Keith

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:51 am

Hi, Rim -

I am currently using Auria on an iPad 2 connected to a Focusrite 8i6 via USB to CCK. I am not required to use a powered USB hub (unless I wish to connect a USB MIDI keyboard along with the 8i6). My setup has been working fine either way.

I will soon be taking delivery of an iPad 4. Should I purchase the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter - single piece (no cable), the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) cable, or the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (short) cable? I want to avoid being forced to use a powered USB hub at all times (due to lack of power and/or incompatibility issues).

Thanks and regards,

Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:16 am

Mike, all of those Apple cables/adapters work the same way - there's no difference in performance or compatibility.

Rim

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:25 am

Gr8! Thanks for the quick reply, Rim. :)

I guess I got paranoid* when I read various horror stories about lack of power and/or compatibility issues arising out of the use of such cables. :oops:

*Although...just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean that they're not out to get me. :lol:

Thanks again,

Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

If you use genuine Apple products, you won't have any issues with the cables. Most of the issues I've seen involved third party cables or adapters.

Rim

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Yes, I agree that genuine Apple products must be used. I learned this early on (cheaply, fortunately) when I purchased a short USB [female] to 30-pin [male] cable for a few buck$ on ebay. When I tried to use it on the iPad 2, I was greeted with a 'non-Apple product' message and, of course, no USB connectivity. So I had to splurge for the CCK, which, to Apple's credit, has worked flawlessly from Day 1. 8)

The reason for my paranoia was the disclaimer on Apple's product page for the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) cable:
"Some 30-pin accessories are not supported." :shock:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824 ... m?fnode=3a

The disclaimer has me wondering whether my iRig MIDI or iRig Keys (using the proprietary cable) will work with this cable...it might be best to stick with the single-piece (no cable) Lightning to 30-pin Adapter for the iRig devices, since the disclaimer is not stated on that product page. :?

OTOH, the good news is that you have seen no issues using the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter cable...and the disclaimer is not stated on that product page as well. So, for Auria and the 8i6, it appears we have a winner here. :D

Best regards,

Mike