Using Auria EQ to trigger DrumAGog?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

gjcyrus
Expert

Using Auria EQ to trigger DrumAGog?

Post by gjcyrus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:52 am

hello all,

Just curious if anybody has some general Auria EQ setting recommendations for a single drum track that contains kick, snare, hi hat to emphasize say the low end for kick to help trigger a DrumaGog kick sample?

I'd like to do what this guy is doing but not quite sure how to accomplish this using only Auria EQ?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oC1jnwOQiuA

I tried engaging the low pass filter in auria, and then switching the DrumaGog trigger filter to use the low end as the trigger but its still not detecting all the kicks.

thanks in advance

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Using Auria EQ to trigger DrumAGog?

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:29 am

The best way is to have the kick, snare, toms on separate tracks to be triggered and this allows Drumagog to trigger every note however this is also possible within a full drum mix. Yo will need to make some slider adjustment in Drumagog to fine tune the trigger. Try moving the Vertical and horizontal sliders to fine tune Drumagogs trigger. If the Kick is very complex within the mix it can become harder for it to recognize all the kick drum hits so that is why putting each drum element on separate tracks works best. Good luck and hope this helped.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:01 pm

What I'd try is to use a narrow notch filter (although inverted to boost) and sweep to find the kick's fundamental frequency. Hopefully that emphasis will then trigger Drumagog.

If you have the Pro-Q equalizer, it's even easier... just switch on the analyzer view, look for the kick, then EQ it positively with a narrow Q setting.

Cheers,

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks Anthony and SCH,
Both your suggestions worked!

@SCH - I was considering purchasing that plugin for precisely that reason but already spent a lot of my budget for ipad mini and auria/drumagog so was trying to make do until i get more cash. Thanks for the tip though!