Compatibility

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Aptar

Compatibility

Post by Aptar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:12 pm

I was wondering if " aura " used on an iPad 2 would work with a Yamaha Mox6? I have been looking for a DAW that will record the sounds made by the Mox6. I wanted to lay down live instrument sounds on individual tracks and create songs. I have tried Garageband and all i can records are sounds from Garageband. I also have a "i-MX1" midi interface to connect the two together. Thanks in advance for your help.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility

Post by Rim » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Auria doesn't support midi (yet). So you can record the audio from your keyboard if it has a USB audio interface on it, or if you have another audio interface that's compatible with iPad), but not midi.

Rim

Aptar

Post by Aptar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks , the Mox6 does have a USB connection , I tried it with Garaeband and iPad 2 would not connect them . I am trying to make sure the same thing won't happen with Auria before I purchase it. Would you know if they are compatible? Again thanks for any help on this issue.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:55 pm

All USB devices work the same with all iPad apps. So if it won't work in GarageBand, it won't work in any app generally speaking, including Auria.

Rim

Aptar

Post by Aptar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:19 pm

I am sad to say that Cubasis will work and I was really hoping not to go there, I think Yamaha and Steinberg are in cahoots. How long will one have to wait for midi with Auria.

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Aptar wrote:I am sad to say that Cubasis will work and I was really hoping not to go there, I think Yamaha and Steinberg are in cahoots. How long will one have to wait for midi with Auria.
i was told (when i asked this) that FULL midi support is coming, but no time frame yet. hopefully soon since the demand is getting higher. i LOVE cubasis ui and it supports midi as well. so im between a rock and a hard place :p

MrNezumi
Expert

Post by MrNezumi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 pm

MIDI has nothing to do with getting audio into Auria or any other app. The OP asks about getting audio into Auria, but then confusingly added that he has a MIDI connector. The connector has nothing to do with getting audio into any device; it has to do with MIDI. What is needed to get audio into any device is an audio interface (soundcard, as it was called in the old days). And that is what Rim talked about. If the mox6 has a built in card and it is class compliant (no driver needed) then it may work.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:19 am

If you purchase an audio interface that is class compliant you can do this very easily with Auria. A list of compatible devices is listed on the Wavemachine Labs website. Simply take 2 audio cables from your Yamaha synths audio outputs L/R and connect them to 2 separate channels of your Audio interface ( purchase one with at least 2 inputs) and engage 2 tracks to record in Auria and you will record your live performance and the synth sound into Auria. If by some fashion you want to adjust the timing of your performance or correct any notes individually after the recording then you need to do this as a midi track which is coming to Auria soon. Remember that midi does not record your synths sound, it only triggers your synth on playback so if you ever want your synth sound to be in the actual project for mixing or FX you must eventually commit the audio to the Daw in real a audio waveform so no matter what Daw you use you still must follow this procedure or your really only hearing the synth triggered by midi. So as you can see an audio interface is very needed in a Daw system. Hope this helps.
Cheers.
~~_/)~~~