Side chain support now added to 1.07

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Re: Side chain support now added to 1.07

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:27 pm

CEIsar wrote:
boone51 wrote:"hello iphone 5" Just fyi, the iPhone 5 is the most awesome phone I've ever owned and I've owned every iPhone since the 3GS. Guess it's as pointless to argue about taste as it is to argue about which color is the best, but still. Green is the best color and iPhone 5 is an awesome design. Now I return you to your topic.
Its not only about the design (but do you really think steve would have said"great"to a backside splitted into three pieces and two of them are plastic? :wink: ) but the alu surface get scratches very quick.Especially the black one looks two years old...after just a couple of weeks.And thats not acceptable for a piece of 700 bucks hardware IMO.Love my black 4s and won't change until it fall apart.
Well to be fair, the same thing could be said about the first 3 iPhones regarding scratches on the back. When it comes to iPhones and iPads I have just stopped caring/bothering with that stuff. I constantly keep dropping my iPad and iPhone (for some reason) so they get a few dinks and scratches here and there. I can get all OCD about it or just not care, the later makes things a lot easier lol.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 pm

The 4S is my first one,i never took a closer look at the models before :) But the progress should always go into a better direction,not worse,right?

I'm treating my ipad 4 very well cause i'm planning to sell it in good condition (and rest of warranty)as soon as the next ipad with a noticeably faster cpu arrives.But that doesn't mean its collecting dust in a showcase.I use it to play as a dj in clubs as well (along with vinyl).Okay,i really stop here now,its getting more and more OT :oops:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:47 pm

I think the scratch thing was just something that got blown out of proportion at the beginning (like everything else Apple). The marks you might get on the aluminum you can just sorta wipe away with your hand. Now I do actually have a really thin transparent case on my iPhone 5, but that's only cos I went with the 64gb version this time and a 2 year contract, and that's a lot of money for a friggin phone, so I really don't need it to break. And I bought it a nice little silk pillow so it can sleep nekkid beside me in bed.

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:04 pm

I think Final Cut Pro was a blessing rather than a disaster. It so much eider to use now and I use it professionally . I absolutely love it.

BACK ON TOPIC

Sidechaining should be great can't wait to see the videos for it.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:28 am

Well,can somebody explain me how to setup side chaining with Fabfilter Saturn?
Yes,i read the (both) manual(s) and yes i searched youtub for a saturn/Sc tutorial (nothing).

What i want:classic ducking.Bassdrum vs.Bassline

What i did:

1.I copied my main bassdrum track to another track.Then i routed this track thru an unused Subchannel and muted this one (so iam able to have the desired bassdrum level in the SC source mixertrack without hearing it loud.

2.i opened saturn on the Bassline track.default setting but i turned the dynamics knob a little to the right (compression)

3.Then i selected the source for the side chaining in the pull down menu (the mixertrack with the bassdrum,NOT the muted subchannel)

The SC source channel reacts as expected (Level meter works)but whatever i do on the bassline track in saturn...Nothing changed.Still the same signal as before (ok,with a little dynamics now).What am i doing wrong?

I did not sleep since friday now,maybe this is the reason and the solution is something really stupid simple but i just cant find it...

Any help appreciated :wink:

edit:well,maybe i found the mistake.I did NOT read the saturn manual properly enough.It seems i have to setup a modulation source (envelope)to use it.Theres even a preset for it,lol.I should sleep a bit...
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi Rim,

Is Volcano going to get side-chain?
It has side chain selection in the output drop down.

Thanks,
Shay

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:25 pm

Yes, all FabFilter plugins will get side chain support (should be 1.08).

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi Rim. Fantastic update - thanks for all the hard work getting this out.

Unless I am missing something it doesn't look like possible to load up an effect slot in a Sub-Track, and then key from another Sub-Track? I often group dialog and would like to use that sub as a key for a comp on the music sub. Possible, or should I look for another method?

Best,
Phil.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:20 am

Anything from PSPaudioware about side chain support in the channel strips and/or their plugins?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:31 am

Subgroups are not supported currently. It's something I may look at, but it adds a lot of complexity to the code.

I've asked PSP about side chain support. We'll see what they say.

Rim