Keep getting alert to raise record buffer

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ericd921
Expert

Keep getting alert to raise record buffer

Post by Ericd921 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:15 am

I'm having a bit of recurring difficulty...this didnt happen before, and i was able to get some lengthy recordings, but now I'm trying to record live practices with my band, and Auria keeps stopping my recording and giving me a message to increase my record buffer, and mentions disc overload. Ive even bumped my record latency up to 2000? whatever and this still continues to happen. I generally kill all apps and run Auria by itself, and I've got 20 gigs free on my ipad 2. I'm using a Presonus 1818vsl with ADAT sync to a Digimax FS at 44.1k. What do I need to do to make this stop so I can record continuously? Or do I need to get an ipad 4?

BTW, I'm amazed by Auria! Interested to know if there's a way to make it continue to record continuously again.

Cheers!
Eric
Eric

boone51
Expert

Re: Keep getting alert to raise record buffer

Post by boone51 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:54 am

I was getting those same messages, but mine was because I was actually running out of disk space. I didn't understand exactly what the messages were saying, to be honest, but when I checked out my general>usage I could see that I had just over a gb left of space. Apparently Auria wasn't happy with that at all and was shutting down my recordings. I deleted a ton of things and got it to around 10GB free and the messages went away. If you say you have 20 GB free then that doesn't sound like your issue, but thought I'd mention it. Good luck.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:42 pm

The main cause of this message is low disk space, but there are other factors that could cause this:

- Turn off Aux Delay Compensation in the settings if you have this turned on
- If you have a lot of fades or crossfades, disk usage can increase. Try to reduce the number of fades or crossfades in your project

Rim

Bootsy

Post by Bootsy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:48 pm

I was getting this same message too. I found that if I went into import audio and deleted a bunch of tracks and such out of there the problem went away.. Of course auria saves everything so it can build back up quickly. That is the only thing that I have found to work. Hope it helps.