How do i access bought IR files?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Geronimo
Expert

How do i access bought IR files?

Post by Geronimo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:43 am

I just bought the HIT IR pack and i can't find them anywhere after the successful download. So i closed Auria and opened it again, still nothing. When i then switched Auria in background mode and opened it up again, there appeared the "uncompressing files" dialog for just a second and disappeared again. This happenend several times. So i decided to download the pack again. This time another curious thing happened. The progress bar switched back and forth in small steps during the download, while the actual download progressed much slower than normal. Then again it said that the download was successful but when i open up the Convolution Reverb, there's nothing new there.

What can i do?

Geronimo
Expert

Re: How do i access bought IR files?

Post by Geronimo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:01 am

Oh, this time i just hit "no" after it asked me whether i would like to keep it downloading, and everything worked out fine.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:05 am

Something that i've just noticed, when you have the "low cpu" mode switched on, all the HIT files create a very high resonance sound. Even after switching it of it remains, but a lot less high. It also seems to be the same sound through all the 300 IR files, although it sometimes appears just on the left.

This does not happen with the standard IR files.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:19 am

A workaround is, to set the offset to 0.4s. This cleans it out completely, but you're losing much of the initial reverb dynamic.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:40 am

It's possible that you didn't have enough memory to uncompress the IR files the first time. The ringing you hear is an artifact of the low CPU mode, but switching off low CPU mode passes the entire IR through unchanged at full fidelity, so I'm surprised to hear there's any problem with the IRs in that mode. I'll check it our here.

RIm

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:48 am

Rim wrote:It's possible that you didn't have enough memory to uncompress the IR files the first time. The ringing you hear is an artifact of the low CPU mode, but switching off low CPU mode passes the entire IR through unchanged at full fidelity, so I'm surprised to hear there's any problem with the IRs in that mode. I'll check it our here.

RIm
I could create a comparison audio file, if you need it.

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 am

I had the same issue yesterday when I purchased the HIT IR pack, then also with the MSP pack. Had to close down Auria a couple of times, restore purchases a couple of times, then shut down and restart my iPad before I found the files in Convolution Reverb.
It all worked out fine but it might be something to take a look at.
Cheers

Aaron

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 pm

@Geronimo: I checked the HIT files here, and I asked MoReVoX to look at them today. They sound fine - no artifacts as all. It's possible that certain input audio content will cause issues with certain IR files. This is the nature of convolution reverbs. If you have some example source audio, it might be good to try it here.

Thanks,
Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 am

Rim wrote:@Geronimo: I checked the HIT files here, and I asked MoReVoX to look at them today. They sound fine - no artifacts as all. It's possible that certain input audio content will cause issues with certain IR files. This is the nature of convolution reverbs. If you have some example source audio, it might be good to try it here.

Thanks,
Rim
I've noticed it on a drum kick. I made sure that it wasn't clipping or anything. After playing around for a while the artifacts periodically disappeared. They're now just coming back as they like :D

Will make an example file when i got the chance.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 am

Thanks, this will help. It would really help to have the original as well, so we can send it to MoReVoX to check the actual IR file in question against that specific source audio.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:12 am

Rim wrote:Thanks, this will help. It would really help to have the original as well, so we can send it to MoReVoX to check the actual IR file in question against that specific source audio.

Rim
I'll do one unprocessed, one in low cpu mode and one with tthe reverb in full effect.