Jamup Pro XT-Audiobus-Auria: no go

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Aph
Expert

Jamup Pro XT-Audiobus-Auria: no go

Post by Aph » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

This deals with the stand alone version of Jamup, not the plugin.
All apps up to date. Audiobus: Using Apogee Jam as input - Jamup Pro Xt as insert - Auria as output. Both apps have "Background audio" selected (and I've tried combinations of selected/unselected with no change in the problem).
Auria has Audiobus selected in Settings (once again, the symtoms do not change, selected or not) and Audiobus in the Input Matrix.
Jamup and Auria will "take turns" getting grayed out in Audiobus. I can tap on the grayed out app to bring it back and maybe get a couple seconds of sound, and then the other app will gray out, etc, etc.
Tried just about every combination of settings in Auria and Jamup.
The exact same setup but with MultiTrack DAW on the output works perfectly.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

iPad 2 ios 5.1.1
No Jailbreak
Last edited by Aph on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iPad 6 (2018 9.7 inch)
iOS 13.4
Auria Pro 2.250 (upgraded from Auria)

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Jamup Pro XT-Audiobus-Auria: no go

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm

I haven't heard of this issue with the apps getting greyed out in Audiobus. Has anyone else had this issue? I know that several users are having trouble with iOS 5.x which were solved by upgrading to 6.1. Also, Jailbroken iPads have caused issues for many users, as Auria demands a lot of power from the audio system, which some JB installs can interfere with.

Rim

Aph
Expert

Post by Aph » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:46 pm

:)
I knew I should have put the "no JB" disclaimer with my system stats (done).
Yes, I may have to try 6.1 finally, but everything else seems to be working fine. My audio interface works great with Auria, and I've even gotten acceptable results with using other apps and Audiobus with Auria (I had complained in this forum about that, but the updated Audiobus app works much better).
iPad 6 (2018 9.7 inch)
iOS 13.4

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:56 pm

I had very similar difficulties trying to use JamUp Pro XT and Auria in Audiobus.

JamUp would always pop-up that it wanted to "take control", then Auria would grey out in Audiobus. After tapping Auria to start, JamUp would again grey out in Audiobus. After tapping JamUp to start, it would pop-up that it wanted to "take control"... ( and around and around).

It didn't seem to make any difference how much free memory I had available or in which order I started the apps up.

In the end, I discovered that selecting 'Ultra Low Latency', in JamUp's settings seemed to make things OK. I'm not totally confident about it though :|

IPad3, 64GB / iOS v5.1.1 (no JB) / Auria v1.06

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:11 pm

I've had this issue with apps being greyed out, and it's always been related to some background audio setting in some app. This tho if your sure you haven't missed any background audio thing somewhere sounds different. Does JamUp have problems with other output enabled apps?

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Just tried Guitarism going trough JamUp Pro as insert (in Audiobus) into Auria and it recorded fine. I looked in JamUps settings and both background audio and ultra low latency was NOT enabled. Weird. This on an iPad 2 with the latest iOS 6 version, not jailbraked.

Aph
Expert

Post by Aph » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Well, I'll do some more testing.
ChrisG wrote:Does JamUp have problems with other output enabled apps?
I've only tried it with MultiTrack DAW, and that works. I haven't used it much though, so maybe it won't work everytime.
iPad 6 (2018 9.7 inch)
iOS 13.4