AAF Import to Logic

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

alienbassplayer

AAF Import to Logic

Post by alienbassplayer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Hello all,

I've been checking through the other posts and haven't been able to find this particular question. So, excuse me if it has already been asked and answered.

When I import an AAF file into Logic Pro 9 from Auria my metering is off. What I mean is the volume of each track is much louder after the import but the meters aren't reflecting that. I need to pull the faders way back in order for things to not peak and then some of the channels barely register. Did I do something when I exported the AAF file?

What I'm doing is taking current songs from Logic and importing the AAF into Auria. From there my band can make overdubs and then import the AAF back into Logic for editing. I'm assuming that this should be a fairly straight forward process but the volume isn't working with me.

Thanks for any help!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AAF Import to Logic

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 pm

It's possible that this is an automation issue. Are you sure there isn't some volume automation that's affecting the levels? Also, is it possible that some fades were present on one of the versions?

Rim

alienbassplayer

Post by alienbassplayer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Rim,

I don't believe that it is an automation issue but I will check that out. I have a few more songs that I need to transfer from Auria to Logic. I will set everything to zero and see what happens.

alienbassplayer

Post by alienbassplayer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Rim,

I think I've figured out my issue. However, I'm noticing something else that seems to be a bigger issue. When I import the AAF file into Logic, everything seems to come through fine but when I play the tracks not all of the audio files are were they are supposed to be. For example, I recorded a guitar part on Auria that has a couple of spots that were "auto punched". When that track is loaded into Logic it seems to have replaced some of the "punched" sections with the kick drum. I can't explain why this is happening. I'm not sure where the section went. It's still on Auria and everything is the way it should be. Any ideas?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:48 pm

This is an old Logic bug. It'll do the same thing if you import an aaf into Logic from Pro Tools, etc. The solution is not to use any trims in the project you're exporting. In other words, set all your trim handles to 0 in Auria before you export. There's a thread about this issue elsewhere in the forum for more info.

Rim