Auto-Punch

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

SILIS101

Auto-Punch

Post by SILIS101 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:55 am

RIM,

I am considering buying Auria but before I do, I d-loaded the Manual and have a simple question. On page 34, there's is an explaination of Auto-Punch and it requires manually placing markers at the in and out points. I get that.

But, there is no mention of having the actual punch-in ability. Meaning, Say you hit the 'Play" button to play the instrumental and you want to hit the "Record" button during play to punch-in a vocal (on a separate track) and then hit the "Record" button or "Stop" to end the recording. Does Auria support this type of feature/workflow?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auto-Punch

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

Auria only supports automatic punch in. So you basically just set the locators where you want Auria to punch in and out, then you arm the track, press record and play, and the track will play until it gets to the punch in point. At that point, it will start recording, then it will punch out automatically when it reaches the end locator. There's no provision for manually punching in or out in Auria.

Rim

SILIS101

Post by SILIS101 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:02 am

Thanks RIM
Manually positioning the in/out indicators is not a deal breaker for me, as I can alter my workflow. I will still purchase the App :mrgreen:

On a side note, I am considering Akai EIE (I know it's only 16bit) with my Ipad 4, and I believe i need a powered USB hub and the lightening CCK. I hope it all works with Auria! I will opt to wait on purchasing the app until Version 1.07.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:46 am

Rim wrote:Auria only supports automatic punch in. So you basically just set the locators where you want Auria to punch in and out, then you arm the track, press record and play, and the track will play until it gets to the punch in point. At that point, it will start recording, then it will punch out automatically when it reaches the end locator. There's no provision for manually punching in or out in Auria.

Rim
Rim, when you'll create a "multiple take functionallity"? :)
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:28 am

It's on my list.

Rim