Importing

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jamocaster

Importing

Post by Jamocaster » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:51 pm

Is there a way to import a drum track out of garageband into auria?

ChrisG
Expert

Re: Importing

Post by ChrisG » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:30 am

I could test this later for you. But as far as I remember GB doesn't Audiocopy out, only in. So mixdown the drumtrack you want (by soloing everything else I guess), and from there GB can email the audio file or export via iTunes filesharing. I'd email myself that file from inside GB, from the iOS email app open it in any app that can "open in.." and do Audiocopy/paste and do just that. Then open Auria and audio paste.

Another route would be to upload the file to Dropbox from your email/computer and import into Auria.

pitzipado
Expert

Re: Importing

Post by pitzipado » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 am

Hokusai works well for this. You have to purchase the $2.99 "tools pack" to get the audio copy feature.
E-mail the GB file to yourself select "open in" Hokusai. When the track appears you can touch the sprocket
icon on left for option of remix to mono then touch beginning of track and drag through to highlight
select "more" from the pop up menu select copy when it's done a courtesy "launch Auria" will appear
in Auria edit window select "edit" then "audio paste". Auria still doesn't seem to recognize m4a files
in Dropbox. Hope this helps