Channel Strip window won't close

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

oy5t3h

Channel Strip window won't close

Post by oy5t3h » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Just got a new iPad, and Auria looks like exactly what I need.

But... I'm having a few problems. Wonder if anyone can help?

I have an iPad4 64Gb with iOS6.1

Auria is installed (also DrumJam and Audiobus, but they don't need to be running to replicate the problem) and seems to work, except whenever I open the Channelstrip window, I can't get rid of it.
If I click on the "X" top right nothing happens. I can operate the controls within the Channel Strip, and I can touch the CPU meter to change it to show battery, but the close button just won't.
I can even switch from the "Mix" page to the "Edit" page, and the Channelstrip window is still there.

I have to force Auria to close to get rid of the Channelstrip window, and that makes the thing completely unusable.

Help!

Washboy
Expert

Re: Channel Strip window won't close

Post by Washboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:10 pm

You may need to wait for Rim (WaveMachineLabs) to help with that one.

However, the usual elimination routine is to make sure that Auria Is the only app running (i.e. no apps in the background - double-click the Home button to check the SpringBoard for background apps) then see if you can repeat the problem in Auria. Create a new 44.1 project, rather than use an existing project. If that makes no difference, delete Auria from your iPad and reinstall.

If that doesn't work, check back here and mention whether you're running AuriaLE or the full Auria. Also, is your iPad jailbroken?

oy5t3h

Post by oy5t3h » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

My iPad is not jailbroken (I wouldn't know how - or why!).

It's the full Auria version. Only got the iPad on Sunday, and only installed Auria yesterday.
Just did a hard reset, and launched Auria as the only app.
Created a new 44.1kHz project, and it did the same thing - as soon as the Channelstrip window appears, it won't go.

Except, I found an easier way to get rid of the window. Double-tap the project name, and tap return without changing the existing project name. I then get a message "A project already exists by that name", but when I tap Cancel, the Channelstrip window is gone! Yay!

Not ideal, but better than forcing a restart...

I'll try deleting and re-installing Auria. At least I don't (yet) have any work to lose.

oy5t3h

Post by oy5t3h » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 pm

After some research, I'm now fairly certain this is a hardware problem with my iPad.
I can't arm tracks in "Mix" mode, and I also cannot select the "Load Project" menu entry. I either get "New" or "Save" every time.

Other apps are affected too. I downloaded a free paint app, and there are two horizontal (in landscape mode) bars about a quarter inch tall across the screen that just don't register any touch. One is right where the Channelstrip close button is, the other close to the centre of the screen.

Ah well, back to the store, I guess. Thanks for listening!

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Good troubleshooting, on your part.

Hope you get a replacement soon so you can begin to enjoy Auria to the full.

oy5t3h

Post by oy5t3h » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:22 am

Got my replacement iPad. Works fine now. :)

Now to start finding out what this Auria thing can do!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm glad you discovered the problem. I was really scratching my head trying to figure out what would cause that ;)

Rim