Big problems woth audiobus and freq more than 44.1khz

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

acaonweb
Expert

Big problems woth audiobus and freq more than 44.1khz

Post by acaonweb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:57 am

Well, i think there is a problem with aura and audiobus.
I've tested with a auria 96khz project_ I have a warning and projects doesnt load BUT 2 times on 3 attempts auria reinstall itself and project is lost,

I think there are some stuffs to do:
1) if the project isnt compatible con audiobus, auria have to disable audiobus option
2) permit do downgrade automatically to 44.1khz the project
3) leave aria as is but fix the lost project issue
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

MrNezumi
Expert

Re: Big problems woth audiobus and freq more than 44.1khz

Post by MrNezumi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:15 am

AudioBus is designed to only work at 44.1khz. All apps/sounds need to be running at 44.1 to use AudioBus.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:21 am

MrNezumi wrote:AudioBus is designed to only work at 44.1khz. All apps/sounds need to be running at 44.1 to use AudioBus.
Have u read my post?
it seems no.

i know perfectly, but i have lot of project at 96khz. auria have to protect projects disabling audiobus on projects >44.1 khz, not permit they corrupt and loose them

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 am

I've lost another project, and i think it's an auria bug.

1) i've created a new project 96khz, in setting i've enabled audio background, put some audio tracks
2) i close auria.
3) i remove auria totally from ipad
4) i launch drumjam
5) i relaunch auria
6) auria warn me about apps in background had freq not compatible

and now, at 70% u could loose ur project, auria reinstall itself and "The Approach" it will be the new working project

it's not audiobus.
it's auria and background audio stuffs

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:33 am

Auria is the only ipad app (currently) that will even think about running in 96K therefore no other apps will work while running simultaneously. I'm recording/producing an entire 12 track album all in 96K on the iPad so I know where you're coming from but unfortunately its just not gonna work. At least not yet. Not until other app developers allow 96k. So, I would say if you have to use other apps in the background then quit using 96. In my case, I'm playing all real instruments (I'm not a DJ) so having audiobus not work isnt a deal breaker ...it just wouldve been nice to know this before purchasing audiobus for $10 and setting my expectations a little high.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:51 am

here are two issues here:

- Auria reinstalls itself:
Auria is not actually reinstalling itself here. What happens is your iPad runs out of memory (due to other memory-hungry apps running in the background). Every time Auria runs, it checks to see if any of it's default folders are missing, and if it detects this, it reinstalls these folders ( at this point you see the tutorial screen). Unfortunately, when memory is very low, this detection function does not work properly, so Auria incorrectly detects a missing folder, so it starts the tutorial. It's very important to allow Auria to finish this tutorial. Your user-created projects are safe, as Auria is only installing it's default data. This will be fixed in v1.07.

- Incompatibility with 96K when using Audiobus or other apps:
There's no good solution here. Converting an entire project from one sample rate to another is not a viable option, as this can take several hours (a 48 track project can take 8 hours to convert from 44.1 to 96k). It's best not to use 96K projects if you plan on recording with Audiobus.

Rim

MrNezumi
Expert

Post by MrNezumi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:02 am

acaonweb wrote:
MrNezumi wrote:AudioBus is designed to only work at 44.1khz. All apps/sounds need to be running at 44.1 to use AudioBus.
Have u read my post?
it seems no.

i know perfectly, but i have lot of project at 96khz. auria have to protect projects disabling audiobus on projects >44.1 khz, not permit they corrupt and loose them

I actually read your post three or four times before posting a reply. I assume you are not a native English speaker; I tried my best to understand your post, but obviously I didn't get your full meaning/intention. Sorry about that.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Rim wrote:here are two issues here:

- Auria reinstalls itself:
Auria is not actually reinstalling itself here. What happens is your iPad runs out of memory (due to other memory-hungry apps running in the background). Every time Auria runs, it checks to see if any of it's default folders are missing, and if it detects this, it reinstalls these folders ( at this point you see the tutorial screen). Unfortunately, when memory is very low, this detection function does not work properly, so Auria incorrectly detects a missing folder, so it starts the tutorial. It's very important to allow Auria to finish this tutorial. Your user-created projects are safe, as Auria is only installing it's default data. This will be fixed in v1.07.

- Incompatibility with 96K when using Audiobus or other apps:
There's no good solution here. Converting an entire project from one sample rate to another is not a viable option, as this can take several hours (a 48 track project can take 8 hours to convert from 44.1 to 96k). It's best not to use 96K projects if you plan on recording with Audiobus.

Rim
Rim, I understand you but I lost projects after the message in the pic.
After auria reset himself, the project is lost, no safe.
Now I think the warning message is something generated by auria, not by iOS.
After close the message I loose my project.
It happens without audiobus!
I've opened a lost project and inside the folder, there's a file called .prj. , maybe can help u?
Attachments
image.jpg
(184.75 KiB) Downloaded 417 times

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:34 am

Dave Magoo wrote:What did you do immediately after this message from Auria ?
I close the apps in background as suggested.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:17 am

The "reinstall" issue will not affect your projects. It only copies the default folders (IR Files, The Approach Demo). It's very unlikely that your project got lost as a result of that issue. However, it's possible that your project got corrupted if you force-closed Auria while it was doing something.

Did you create snapshots of your project? If so, you can copy those snapshots into the main project folder.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:32 am

I think I have discovered an issue which can cause problems in other projects after this message is displayed. I'll get this fixed for 1.07. In the mean time, I recommend not using sample rates other than 44.1k if you have other audio apps running in the background, or using Audiobus.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:33 am

Hi Rim. It appears that AAF import of sample rates other than 44.1 also causes the same error.

Best regards,
Phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 pm

OK, thanks for finding this.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Phil,

In the case of AAF loading, this message will appear only if you have other apps running in the background which have a sample rate that's different than Auria's current sample rate. If you dismiss this box, it should not cause the same issue being reported in this thread.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Interesting - have had no other apps running in background when I received this message. Am finishing up another project but as soon as that wraps I'll try this again. Thanks!
phil.