Big problems woth audiobus and freq more than 44.1khz

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Big problems woth audiobus and freq more than 44.1khz

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Phil, never mind, I found a case for why this would happen without a background app running.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks Rim..

phil.

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 am

I had the message and the crash :cry:
I used Auria+DM1.

The project was 96khz and after a copy+paste (I managed to perform them several times yesterday) from DM1 I opened Auria and the error message appeared.
Auria must have restarted and erased all the tracks including the frozen tracks. :(
The major problem is that I lost all the filter settings I did with timeless and volcano.
Hard work that gone to the trash, mostly due to auto delete feature, when projects load.

Rim,
The auto delete is a very destructive action, and since you cannot be certain that there won't be any future crashes you should provide an override, like a flag in the settings screen or a "2 Delete" folder etc...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:17 am

I'll make the auto cleanup function an option in the settings.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 am

Rim wrote:I'll make the auto cleanup function an option in the settings.

Rim
Could it be an action in the settings, ie a button that you press to clean up audio not in the project (or any of the snapshots). That way, once you've finished a project you can press this button to streamline the size.

There could also be an automatic setting that does it all in the background if thats what people want.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 am

I think most users are going to want something that's automatic, as project sizes can grow pretty large, and most people won't remember to do it every time. But if I make it an option in the settings, you can turn it off permanently (it will be a global option).

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 am

Rim wrote:I think most users are going to want something that's automatic, as project sizes can grow pretty large, and most people won't remember to do it every time. But if I make it an option in the settings, you can turn it off permanently (it will be a global option).

Rim
I'd be happy with the current automatic option as long as it didn't keep deleting the audio when I load different snapshots :wink:

Actually I think I've hit on the issue for a lot of people, there are just too many variables that could possibly change when auria is updated to a new version and these changes 'may' have an effect on a projects contents/ stability. Giving the users control over some aspects of project management can help to maintain peace of mind.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 am

The Audiobus error message is showing itself always 3 times in a row by the way. And i don't even have Audiobus :D

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Yes, this can happen, as Auria uses the Audiobus code even when you're not using Audiobus itself. This can happen if you have any other audio apps running in the background. It's easy to recover from this - just close all your background apps (including Auria).

Rim